Highlighted

Cancellation fee if switching to new phone?

Hey don't laugh but I may have to finally upgrade from my 4s ONLY because the earphone speaker stopped working. Been on Verizon since my first giant bag phone. My question is once I get a new iphone I will have to sign up with a plan that is different than the one I have had for years. I know there is an upgrade fee I think it's called.

My question is I can't imagine I'd be charged a cancellation fee due to the fact I am having to commit to a new plan rather than continue with what I had. Right?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Cancellation fee if switching to new phone?

What plan are you now? If you want to take advatage of deals you have to be on newer plans. Heck you may be overpaying for your service. Why would pay a cancelation fee? Verizon has never had one of those. There was an ETF when they had 2 year contracts. Your 4s would have been paid off a lot logner than 2 years ago.

And you'd would have had to upgrade that phone by Dec 31st anyway since it would no longer work after that date

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Cancellation fee if switching to new phone?

Customer Support

Thanks for visiting the community member forum, threecats. We know it's very important to understand your options for upgrading. We'll be happy to help out. As boringusername mentioned, it's not possible that you would still have some sort of contract for your 4S device. We no longer offer consumers contracts for phone services. You may be able to get a lower price for your service, because in most cases service prices will go down over time. When it comes to getting a new phone, you'll be able to upgrade by either purchasing your own device, or paying for a phone over time.

To directly answer your two questions, you will have an option to keep your plan as it is, if you want. You also won't be charged a cancellation fee if you are upgrading and getting a new phone with us. Does this information help?

EricW_VZW

0 Likes