Highlighted

Cancel MAIN Line

I am currently paying for 5 Phones with 15GB of data and am month to month now with the MAIN number on the account.  I would like to know what needs to be done to cancel the MAIN line? What savings will I see and can I set the MAIN number to manage the account online?  I am unable to afford the 300 PLUS dollars/per month and will be cancelling lines as the contact expires on them.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Cancel MAIN Line

Customer Support

lvnthedream,

Providing you with superior service and excellent customer service is the number one priority here at Verizon Wireless. I am sorry to hear that you are thinking of leaving us but we do want to address any concerns you may have. Have you been able to check your contract end date when signing into your account online to see if you are still under one for the main line?

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

You do realize each line once it's out of contract it would be eligible for a $25 a month discount.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

While that may be, paying $40 less/month is preferable to paying $25 less/month if the line is no longer needed.

To the OP: If you choose to keep the main line, you would need to log into the MyVerizon account for the account owner and manually add the discount in the "Change Features" section. If eligible, it will be one of the 1st two items on that page. You can add this discount to each line as it completes its contract and goes month to month.

If you choose to cancel the main line, another line would simply become the main line and you would no longer have access to the online MyVerizon account for the cancelled line.

To candiceh_vzw: since the OP mentioned the main line was MONTH TO MONTH, I assume that means they have already checked to make sure they are not still under contract for the main line.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

rcschnoor wrote:

While that may be, paying $40 less/month is preferable to paying $25 less/month if the line is no longer needed.

It seems they are cancelling due to pricing not need. If it was just lack of need why even bother bringing up the cost? Also they mention eventually cancelling ALL lines. Seems like they need the lines they just plan on leaving due to cost. 5 lines with 15 GB would be $175 plus taxes/fees if all were off contract.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

anon_0001 wrote:

rcschnoor wrote:

It seems they are cancelling due to pricing not need. If it was just lack of need why even bother bringing up the cost? Also they mention eventually cancelling ALL lines. Seems like they need the lines they just plan on leaving due to cost. 5 lines with 15 GB would be $175 plus taxes/fees if all were off contract.

I certainly don't know their reason for wanting to cancel a line OTHER than the reason presented, however people have been known to add a line to get a discounted upgrade in the past when their line was not eligible.

Regardless, since the OP didn't say they still NEEDED the line, I simply take them at their word that they wanted to cancel the line. If they wanted the line at a lower cost, they may have ALSO brought up the option to port out to a lower cost provider. They didn't, so I simply pointed out what would happen when they did cancel the main line.

I can ASSUME all kinds of information not provided by the OP. I prefer to work with the information which was provided which happened to be cancelling the line.Smiley Happy

Additionally, they didn't mention cancelling "ALL lines". They mentioned cancelling "lines" which leaves the option to still have 1 or more lines still active after they are done cancelling "lines".Smiley Happy

Edit: You may notice I mentioned HOW to get the $25 discount IF that was indeed what they wanted to do if the line WAS still wanted/needed.Smiley Happy

0 Likes