Highlighted

Can we refuse delivery for a phone that's already shipped?

lahtili

This is giving me a headache. My wife thought her AT&T phone had finally busted, so we ordered an S9 through my account with Verizon on March 10th, but lo and behold, her old phone came back on and has been working ever since, so no new reason to keep the new one. We called the customer service line the next day, and the rep told us he would put in for a cancellation of the order, but that the phone might still ship because it already been processed. He told us that we had two options if it was sent to us anyway: 1) we could refuse the package when it was delievered, and 2) we could sign for the package, and ship it back to them as per their return instructions, or return it to a Verizon store in the area, but that there would be a $50 restock fee if we decided to go that route.

We'd honestly rather avoid paying the restock fee, since it's more than what our refund would be, but neither of us have ever refused a delivery. Today is the expected date of delivery through UPS, so I called customer service again this morning in the hopes of confirming with another person that it was safe to refuse the package, only to have been consistently told across multiple different service numbers that I was calling outside of business hours (I wasn't. I made the calls between 8:00-8:30am EST, their hours of operation as per this website are Mon - Fri, 7 AM - 9 PM). I figured I'd ask the community instead of tearing my hair out instead. Was the suggestion to refuse delivery a solid one, or should I just sign for the package and go through the return process? Am I allowed to make the return physically at our Verizon store, or is it required to be online?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

0 Likes

Re: Can we refuse delivery for a phone that's already shipped?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I am glad to hear that your old phone was able to turn on Lahtilli. I know that no one likes getting extra fees when it comes to returning a device. I am the same way. If you refuse the package you will not get a restocking fee. Did you refuse the package? Tell me more on what happened. AmberF_VZW

0 Likes