Can we merge our accounts into one single account?

Zabonhoe

'My partner and I have separate Verizon Wireless accounts (I am still under contract until 06/15), can we merge accounts under his existing account, as I want a new phone?'  How much will it cost, if anything? Are there penalties? I obviously have a lot of questions and I would like answers before wasting my and a representative's time at our local store.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: My partner and I have separate Verizon Wireless accounts (I am still under contract until 06/15), can we merge accounts under his existing account, as I want a new phone?

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

Buying a new phone always costs something.  You should expect it will cost the full retail amount over 2 years

IF you are both on current Verizon plan the only upgrade option is the Device payment plan which is a no interest loan.

0 Likes

Re: My partner and I have separate Verizon Wireless accounts (I am still under contract until 06/15), can we merge accounts under his existing account, as I want a new phone?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Zabonhoe, I understand wanting to know all of the specifics prior to going into a store. The process in which you want to complete is called an Assumption of Liability. It would need to be noted on your line that your partner will be taking it over. Your partner will then have to contact our Assumption of Liability team to complete the process. The process of moving the line from one account to the other is free; however your partner may have to pay a security deposit. The contract for your line will carry over to the other account. With moving to another account this does not make you eligible for an upgrade as everything carries over. If you would like to complete this process please dial *611 from your cell to speak with a representative.

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes