Highlighted

Can the account manager see text records?

coridesi

My friend wants to get a shared phone plan (iPhone 7 or 6S). Its the unlimited monthly plan, but we're putting it on his card and I'll just give him the cash to pay my half.

My concern- he is nosy. I found out you can retrieve text records if you are the account manager. Or, the phone numbers you are texting to.

How do I prevent him from getting the records for my line?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Question about text records?

Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for any confusion,  coridesi. For every phone number you have with Verizon Wireless, an online My Verizon account can be created. Have you created an online account for your number? If not, then register here: https://login.verizonwireless.com/accessmanager/public/c/reg/start?next_e=

Let me clarify more about the “Access Personal Photo Albums” from the link you included. This means there’s access to their individual phone’s Personal Photo Album using Verizon Cloud, not every lines’ Personal Photo Album.

They would need the username and password you created using the link above to access your line’s Verizon Cloud.

Let me know what other question there are.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to make sure that your concerns are addressed. Unless the individual knows the log-in information for the line, they will be unable to view texts.

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

To be honest, I wouldn't really care if someone saw which numbers I was talking/texting with.

If you don't trust them enough to be on the same account, you probably should go on an account with them.

Account managers and account owners would be able to view text/call logs which include the number and time the call/text was made. It does not include text content.

If you have the login info for someone's MyVerizon userid AND they are signed up for Verizon Messages, they would be able to view the text content for that line. If you don't let them know the login info for your MyVerizon userid, they would not be able to view that info. In other words, don't share your login info with anyone.

Regardless, if you are worried about them knowing which numbers you are calling/texting, don't join an account with them.

0 Likes

coridesi

Thank you, sorry for not replying sooner.

What do you mean the login information for the line? Does he have access to my iCloud? I setup a new one when the phones were purchased.

He has the login information for the Account Manager/Owner tool. What can he access?

Also according to this he also has access to my photos, can purchase content on my iPhone 7S, and make changes to my iPhone 7S through the Account Manager? My Verizon Account Access Roles

0 Likes

pherson
Leader

Who is the account holder? Whom ever if they have the user name and password for the account online can log in and see phone numbers called and text messages sent for the lines; the only exception is if you're only an account member I believe. If you're the account holder then don't give him online access. If u aren't then you can't block him.

0 Likes

arniecasey

You could text messaging apps like Google Voice or WhatsApp. Some require both parties to have the app in their phone, but google voice gives you a number that can send and receive calls and texts using the assigned number. Only you can see the records. WhatsApp is very popular and works great. You can also make calls with it.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I apologize for any confusion,  coridesi. For every phone number you have with Verizon Wireless, an online My Verizon account can be created. Have you created an online account for your number? If not, then register here: https://login.verizonwireless.com/accessmanager/public/c/reg/start?next_e=

Let me clarify more about the “Access Personal Photo Albums” from the link you included. This means there’s access to their individual phone’s Personal Photo Album using Verizon Cloud, not every lines’ Personal Photo Album.

They would need the username and password you created using the link above to access your line’s Verizon Cloud.

Let me know what other question there are.

DavidH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes