Highlighted

Can't update or delete email addresses through Online Account, Must Call Verizon according to Supervisor?

MWMartin2

I just got off the phone with a Rep that I spoke with at 5:54pm EST for about an hour and again at 7:22pm EST for 20 minutes, along

with and a Supervisor. Both were dismissive and terrible listeners to my problem and general privacy concerns.

The issue is with updating email addresses. Apparently, according to the supervisor, there are multiple "facets" to your system that holds account information and it is not possible to change/update/delete email addresses through "My Verizon Online" account and also have them simultaneously updated within all of the "facets" of Verizon Wireless. According to this Supervisor, anytime I change my email address, I also have to make a phone call to Verizon and let them know that I need to change my email address. Is this information correct? What's the point in changing my email address if you keep my old one on file and continue sending email to it?

According to the Supervisor, "that's just the way the system works." I think you need to fix your system that allows customers to create online accounts with email addresses but doesn't allow them to update those accounts and emails associated with those accounts without calling Verizon. What kind of sense does this make?

In addition, why would these two "Customer Service" workers not listen to my valid concerns? I was on the phone for an hour arguing with the Representative about what emails were being sent to which emails that were on file. If it takes over an hour to find the emails associated with my account, I think you need to update your system. And offer some extended training to these Customer Service workers to not argue with a customer who simply wants to delete emails from their account that should have been deleted when I changed my email address in My Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Can't update or delete email addresses through Online Account, Must Call Verizon according to Supervisor?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello MWMartin2,

I'm so sorry for any and all inconvenience with updating your email address with us. I can clarify this for you. You can indeed change your email address on the My Verizon application as well as when using My Verizon on your PC.

If using your device, you would simply open the My Verizon application and then click "Support." You will then see a search engine. Simply enter "Change Email" and the first option you see is to change the email address to which we send  you emails.

If you're using your PC, you would login to your My Verizon account,  hover your mouse over "My Profile" and then click on "My Profile & Settings." You will be able to change it that way.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Can't update or delete email addresses through Online Account, Must Call Verizon according to Supervisor?

MWMartin2

In addition, there is no where to send feedback to Verizon. I suppose this is the only place to try to reach someone at Verizon.

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

The correspondence address is listed in the link. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

MWMartin2

Ann154, I can't find a "correspondence address" in the link you provided. It would be helpful to just post the address.

Of course, I'm not referring to snail mail. I contacted the m through Twitter and then got a "survey" request for website usage but the "Contact Us" link is truly a run around that never ends with anything useful to actually contact anyone at Verizon. That doesn't seem like great customer service.

When I typed in "feedback" at the link you provided it responded:

Verizon:

I don't seem to have an exact match for your question. Would you please rephrase?

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

The correspondence address is the USPS mailing address. There isn't an email address.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello MWMartin2,

I'm so sorry for any and all inconvenience with updating your email address with us. I can clarify this for you. You can indeed change your email address on the My Verizon application as well as when using My Verizon on your PC.

If using your device, you would simply open the My Verizon application and then click "Support." You will then see a search engine. Simply enter "Change Email" and the first option you see is to change the email address to which we send  you emails.

If you're using your PC, you would login to your My Verizon account,  hover your mouse over "My Profile" and then click on "My Profile & Settings." You will be able to change it that way.

Thank you,

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

CAREDG69

I have a similar issue. At one time, my account had multiple lines, one of which belonged to (my now ex-) wife. She was getting all billing notifications. She is now off the account, and I have attempted to have ALL notifications go to MY email address, but she continues to get "your payment date is approaching" notifications at her email address.
When I log in to my account and go to Email and Text Alert Preferences it shows just 2 types of alerts: "Bill Ready" and "Payment Confirmations." Both of these have my email address set. There is NOTHING about "Your payment date is approaching" notifications, which are the ones my ex-wife continues to get.
Months ago I tried to get customer service to make it so that ALL notifications to go to my email address and NONE to my ex-wife's. But she still gets those "payment date is approaching" notices.

0 Likes

LARCLA56

Why is my son getting account change password alerts in his phone?? I made the change as the owner. I looked to see if he is listed to get alerts and it says he can get push notificTions but won't let me delete him??

0 Likes