Highlighted

Re: Can't send text message to one contact

I have a Galaxy S9. I cant not call or text going on 3 days now. My Bills were paid days before this started. But somehow my phone is the only one being affected. I have two other phones in my plan and they have had zero service interruptions. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for the details. Just to clarify, you can't call or text one specific number or all numbers? What happens when you try to make a call? Is your data working? 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

evickroy

I have a Samsung 8, and this just started to happen with me as well.  I can receive texts, and I can send group texts.  But I cannot reply to individual texts or send a text unless it is an MMS.  Please help.

0 Likes
Highlighted

JnHStillings

I am also having this issue. As of 3 days ago, I am not able to text one individual in my contacts. I can receive messages from him and "text" him by emailing his text email address, but I can't text him directly. I can send and receive with all other contacts. Prior to 3 days ago, I was able to text the individual just fine.

I am using a Pixel 3XL running Android 10 and using the default messaging app. My wife may be having the same issue with her Pixel 2.

0 Likes
Highlighted

ant_warlock

I'm having the same problem. Pixel 3 XL. I only have issues with one contact (that I'm aware of), and it's only when sending SMS. Receiving is fine.

EDIT: Adding a 1 and then removing it from the contact number fixed it, but this is  definitely a bug and indicative of a problem with the carrier software. I was unable to text my son for months because of this. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

RalphKimball

Same problem here.  Galaxy S10e.  Just started mid day today with one contact.  SMS doesn't work,  MMS does.  I have made no changes to my phone since earlier this morning before the problem started.  I have tried every suggestion in this and other forums, including messing around with a +1 prefix.  Nothing works.  I strongly suspect that this is not a problem in our devices, but with the Verizon servers.  We need a better response from Verizon than to keep telling the users to make pointless changes on their devices.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

It can be frustrating with wanting better answers for the issues of you not being able to send a text message to one contact, RalphKimball. Let's find out what going on and get the issue resolved. You mentioned you made no changes to your device since earlier this morning. What exact changes were made? Did you use a previous message thread or start a new message to the one contact?

EdwinW_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

JnHStillings

So, vzw_customer_supportit has been 2 weeks since I reported my problems with this to you and you haven't reached out to me to seek a resolution. Is that because there isn't a resolution? I have deleted the phone number that can't be texted and added it back only to find that it still can't be texted. I added a "1" in front of it and deleted it just like someone else did to see if that would fix it; guess what, it hasn't fixed it. I deleted all previous message threads to that contact and started a new one; guess what, it still isn't working.  You responded rather quickly to another user (RalphKimball) to try and help him because you said, "It can be frustrating with wanting better answers for the issues of you not being able to send a text message to one contact,..."  Don't you think that would be the case for all of your customers? Is there anyone at VZW with the knowledge, skills, and qualifications to solve this problem that people seem to be having?  If so, I know that I would really appreciate being able to text my family member without having to jump through hoops.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Jconno1989

I am also waiting for the response to your post.. I too I have a 3XL and have one contact I can recieve texts from, and I can send pictures to.. but cannot send a regular text.  It's making me insane.  These are my clients I cannot communicate with.  I think Verizon should be reimbursing us for what could end up being lost clientele due to lack of communication abilities.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

JnHStillings,

I apologize for a lack of response to your original post. These message boards are a community forum where we encourage users to discuss issues with one another, and we step in to provide details and insights where needed. If your initial posts was overlooked that is not the experience we want for you. Keep in mind that you can always reach out in our social and chat platforms for secure and in most cases real time assistance.

With regard to your messaging error with one contact, is this individual using an Android as well, or are they using another operating system such as an iPhone? Are you able to complete calls to this person?

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes