Re: Can't send text message to one contact

djdickinson2

I had this problem and ended up deleting that contact and redoing it.  Then deleted Messages app and reinstalled.  So far so good. Android phone.

0 Likes

Simonehere

Try adding (or subtracting) a "1" in front of the troublesome text to the number you can't send texts! 

0 Likes

davidgfreeman

Did not work for me, did force stop and the tabs went gray,

0 Likes

davidgfreeman

Worked thanks

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

davidgfreeman, we are sorry to hear that you are experiencing trouble with sending messages to a specific contact. Let's get to the bottom of this. When did this begin? Which  messaging application are you using? Do you recall adding any new apps, games or software around that time? After disabling the app did you also attempt to delete and re add the contact? When viewing the contact do you have the parties area code plus full phone number entered?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

jts5030

The suggustion to delete the contact is not practical; my contacts all come from google and I'm not removing contract from google because of a problem on a single device.  Rolling back to factory version of the software is also a bad practice.  What is the real cause of this issue?  Is this a verizon bug or an app bug?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jts5030, we'll do what's necessary to help address this texting issue for you. If we can avoid a factory reset that's our goal as well. What is the exact make and model phone you have? What texting application are you using on your phone?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes

Strasser

I am using a motorola z4 and having the same issue.  I have tried mobile data and wifi. I have restarted the phone after removing the contact and adding it back.  I have forced stop the app.  i am using the messaging app that is on the phone.  Is there any other solutions?

0 Likes

Tentex

I have the same problem ...over and over with different numbers. I have been a Verizon customer for about 20 yrs. but at this rate I won't be for much longer. It is extremely frustrating to try to send a text and then have to take time to delete contact and out it back in

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Tentex, your text messages are too important to be missed. Let's get to work on this together.

What is the make and model phone you have? What text message application are you using on your phone?

TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes