Highlighted

Re: Can't send text message to one contact

I know this old but More than likely that person had an iPhone. My problem stopped when I started using message+ app (red) instead of  the factory suggested messaging app. (Blue)

Highlighted

The other person may be using an iPhone, I'm not sure. That is likely irrelevant since I can send and receive texts with other people who use iPhones and was able to send to this individual as well until suddenly I couldn't. No settings were changed, no apps were changed, no hardware was changed. Nothing was different.  

And yes, I can send and receive calls with this individual. This individual did not block my number.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Same problem here.  One contact I cannot contact via text OR phone call.   He also cannot contact me via text. 

Tried every suggestion offered by others.  None have worked. 

The contact I am trying to reach uses an iPhone but so do more than half my contacts so that should not be an issue. 

Highlighted

Customer Support

JnHStillings,

We can relate to how important it is that you are able to message everyone. What messaging application are you using? What happens when you delete the contact from your device then attempt to message by entering the number manually?

KatiM_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

skubdu, we absolutely want to make sure that you're able to text/call all of your contacts. When did this start happening? Is your contact able to call you directly? What is the make and model of your device?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have attempted to delete the contact and message that number manually to no success. The first time I attempt to send to that number, it's like the text message doesn't try to send. Then I have to back out and start a new text thread, which does work but shows the original message as attempting to send. It still fails.

I left the phone off for 2 minutes and tried the same manual message, and it's still failing.

I was just texting that person less than 12 hours ago with no problem.

Now I get Error 31: Other network problem 

What else can I try?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Hello, domenicdatti. It concerns us to hear you are having issues when trying to send texts to one of your contacts, and we will do everything to help. We have some questions to better assist. Are you able to call this number? Is this number able to send you texts? DavidR_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Just confirming that I had the same problem and the solution above (delete the contact and try sending to the number only) worked for me.  I was able to re-add the contact and was still able to send that person text messages.

0 Likes
Highlighted

My 6s plus does not have “Apps and Notifications”????

0 Likes
Highlighted

This didn't work for me.

0 Likes