Can't send text message to one contact

Carol1953

I am suddenly unable to send text messages to one contact.  He can send me messages, but when I reply or send him a message, I get a message saying "Text message not sent."  I can call him.  I can even send him MMS messages (if I attach a picture to a message, it goes through). 

I am able to send text messages to anyone else.  He checked his blocked numbers, and mine is not among them.  Any ideas on what is going on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Can't send text message to one contact

Carol1953

I just found an answer.  For anyone else with the problem, steps are as follows:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Choose Apps & Notifications.
  3. Choose Advanced.
  4. Choose See all ___ apps.  (Where ___ is a number.)
  5. Choose Messages.
  6. Click Force stop, and then Disable.
  7. It will ask if you want to revert to the factor version.  Click Yes.
  8. You should now be able to send messages to that person.  And you will still be able to send messages after the Messages app updates the next time.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Carol1953

I just found an answer.  For anyone else with the problem, steps are as follows:

1. Go to Settings.
  2. Choose Apps & Notifications.
  3. Choose Advanced.
  4. Choose See all ___ apps.  (Where ___ is a number.)
  5. Choose Messages.
  6. Click Force stop, and then Disable.
  7. It will ask if you want to revert to the factor version.  Click Yes.
  8. You should now be able to send messages to that person.  And you will still be able to send messages after the Messages app updates the next time.

View solution in original post

Kkline1

I've done this and it hasn't fixed the issues.  Any other suggestions?

0 Likes

Davem786

Can't send or receive text messages 

0 Likes

joedeuce

No incoming or outgoing messages here

0 Likes

kathy03

I think there is a problem with Verizon because I have seen quite a few people on different places saying they can't text this morning.

0 Likes

Hawk6387

I’m in El Paso and it’s happeni to me. Apparently it’s being worked on. 

Community Manager
Community Manager

It is paramount, to contact everyone you need. Let's work on getting you the answer. Do you have a smartphone? Are you using Android, Windows, or iOS?

CraigS_VZW

thetombomb

This is happening to me with one specific contact. I have been happening ever since I became a Verizon customer a few months ago on my LGV40 phone. Messages sent through a group chat that my contact is on works fine and he receives the group messages. Individual messages sent to the contact always end up "Not sent. tap to try again" on all text messages. I receive messages from contact just fine.

So seems like I am having the same exact issue as the original poster. I'm using Android default built-in the Messages app. If I follow those reset instructions will I lose all past text messages? Is there a way to back up messages and import them all back in afterward?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello thetombomb, thank you for contacting us. We are concerned to learn that you are not able to text that number individually, and we're here to help you correct that. Because clearing all your text messages, please only delete the conversation you have with that specific contact. Then delete that contact from your phone, be sure to write down their number first so you don't lose it. After deleting the contact, power off your phone for two minutes then turn it back on. Then send a text message to that number without adding it as a contact and let us know how it works. 

It's definitely important to back up your data as you never know what can happen to your phone. We recommend using the Verizon Cloud to back up your messages and other important data. You can learn all about it using the following link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/verizon-cloud/. 

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes