Highlighted

Can't log into My Verizon with Windows 10

Not applicable

I'm using the Windows 10 preview and I've tried 3 different browsers and when trying to log into My Verizon to see the bill I am instead directed to the secret answer page. After answering the question  I am told the account is locked because of answering the question wrong several times. Not only is the answer correct but there was ONE attempt. And the account is not actually locked, but I still can't get into My Verizon. I know it's not locked because when I go to a PC with Windows 8.1 it logs in just fine. There is clearly an issue with your site and Windows 10 not being compatible since I used 3 different browsers and got the same result with each one. In 3 weeks Windows 10 will be released and you will potentially have millions of customers upgrading to it. They will be very mad if they can not log in to see and pay their bill. Why with only 3 weeks left does your IT team not have this site ready?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Can't log into My Verizon with Windows 10

MiiHere
Leader

Perhaps it's because you're using the preview and not finished product that is released on July 29th. Have you tried to log into other various websites? Like a cable company, water company, power, bank, car? Anything that would have equally as much security.

0 Likes

Not applicable

Yes I've log into other sites this is the only one with the issue. Doesn't matter if it's preview it's the newest build that just came out last Friday. It goes to RTM in 2 days. The preview has been out for over 9 months. No excuse for Verizon to be behind and waiting 3 weeks left to fix this. Windows 10 is free upgrade for Winnows 8.1 and Windows 7 users so MILLIONS will upgrade almost immediately. I bet a good portion of them are Verizon Wireless customers.

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

I haven't done enough research on the matter, but if it doesn't matter that it's a preview, why isn't it out now in the full version? To me that means they are still working on it.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for anyone else running Windows 10 preview that can't log into Verizon though, see if there is any consistency. So far you're the first to report.

0 Likes

Not applicable

You don't wait until the full version to come out before doing something. You just don't. If everyone did that then most stuff wouldn't work on day one which would make people mad. Do you really want the people that make the software and hardware for your PC to test Windows 10 AFTER it comes out instead of before? Why does most everyone else have their act together? Verizon doesn't have ONE guy in IT that could have downloaded the preview and been testing it all this time?

As you admit you're not the expert here on how things SHOULD be done. I'm telling you you don;t wait until AFTER things are released. You don't think app makers aren't already testing iOS 9 and Android M? Of course they are. They aren't waiting until AFTER they're released to find out stuff doesn't work right.

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

Clearly you're not understanding. I'm saying that there are always unforeseen issues when things are released. Which is why they put out different updates ALL the time. I understand how a soft release and beta test works, but they aren't full proof.

Verizon may have someone with windows 10 preview, but why would they report on it it's issues when it's not yet been released in full? Just to let the public know Windows 10 trial isn't working...that isn't even released yet...still being worked on...

You're worked up over an issue, that in 3 weeks may not be an issue, though it may be. Only people within both companies will know that information though. You don't think any Microsoft employees have Verizon? I'm sure they have tried to also beta test their own product and log into their Verizon account.

0 Likes

Not applicable

I understand fine. I want to be able to log in and see my bill and pay it. I'm not in the wrong here.

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

Then you should understand you're beta testing software that is in the works, issues are bound to come up and because you don't work for Microsoft or Verizon you are not in the loop of what's being done.

Though I am sure something is because again, I am sure at least one Microsoft employee beta testing has Verizon and has tried to log in so if it really is a Microsoft 10 / Verizon compatibility issue, it's being looked at.

0 Likes

Not applicable

Listen are you here to HELP or here to tell me why I'm wrong to not want to log into My Verizon because I clearly asked a question looking for help. So either help or stop posting in this thread.

0 Likes

MiiHere
Leader

If you'd like to contact Verizon on this matter here is their contact information:

Contact Us | Verizon Wireless

This is primarily a peer to peer forum, and Verizon reps pop in every now and again to assist, though they are not the IT department and will not be able to answer your question: "Why with only 3 weeks left does your IT team not have this site ready?"

If you'd like to pay your bill you can do that via your smartphone by clicking on the My Verizon Mobile app.

0 Likes