Highlighted

Can't change plans

I purchased three iPhones and upgraded to a data plan back in late October. I get the phones and call to activate and am told my plan is the same. The Verizon rep tries to change my plan over the phone then tells me there is a problem and can't. She tells me she'll call me by noon the next day.

I never hear back from the rep so tried to change my plan again today. It allows me to go through the entire process only to tell me the plan I want isn't available.

I'm trying to avoid going into the store. I haven't activated the other iPhones yet as Verizon forced us to take a 2 GB data plan for $30 more a month.

Any suggestions? This is getting ridiculous.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Can't change plans

Leader

Since the 2 phones are waiting to be activated there might be a pending transaction on the account preventing the change. You might have to complete the activation of the 2 other devices before you can change the plan.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

If you have an older Nationwide plan, the lowest data package for each smart phone is $30 for 2GB. If you get the More Everything plan you can share 1 data package of your choice. If you are trying to change your plan options but stay on the Nationwide plan it will likely say not available since they are phasing that plan out.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm trying to change from an old Nationwide to a More Everything Plan. It won't allow it.

0 Likes
Highlighted

That is very strange. I have not heard of that problem before.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Hi Titanjeff,

Congrats on your new phones! Which More Everything plan are you trying to switch to? The More Everything plan requires all the lines to switch. Are you switching all the lines? What is the specific error message that you receive when attempting to change the plans?

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

That's strange, titanjeff! Are you getting an error message when trying to change the plan? If so, what message are you getting?

Thanks,
MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Do you have three lines currently?  You said you bought three iPhones but have only activated one to date; what are the other two going to replace?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

Since the 2 phones are waiting to be activated there might be a pending transaction on the account preventing the change. You might have to complete the activation of the 2 other devices before you can change the plan.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Right I didn't even think about that. A pending order like a phone that has not been activated yet will prevent any changes being made to the account including plan changes or future orders.

0 Likes