Highlighted

Can't Verify Device in My Verizon App (Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+ GM-G975U1-OD)

miraidave

After numerous attempts with customer service over the phone, I am still having trouble accessing the My Verzion App on my phone.  I recently switched to Verizon on my unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+ I bought from Samsung directly (SM-G975U1-OD).  When I open the app, it asks me to verify the device.  I put my phone number in, request for a verification code, then get this error:

"Sorry, we cannot send a verification code.  It looks like your device is not eligible for SMS and you do not have your email-id set up.  If you need help, give us a call at 800.922.0204."

This doesn't really make sense because my phone can receive SMS from Verizon.  I also have my email set up in My Verizon.  I can also access My Verizon from the website.  The customer service rep I talked to even went so far as to remove the account for me to register again inside the app, which worked only until I closed the app and opened it again later.  I think this is related to my device being unlocked.  Has anyone every encountered this situation before?

0 Likes

Re: Can't Verify Device in My Verizon App (Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+ GM-G975U1-OD)

tahoerider99

Have the same exact issue but when i request the verification code in the app it gives me the message "We Can't complete your request right now.  Sorry about that. Please try again later". I also talked with support and had my account reset. I ended up creating a helpdesk ticket with verizon about the issue that was done while i was on the phone with support. Waiting on there responce. 

0 Likes

Re: Can't Verify Device in My Verizon App (Unlocked Samsung Galaxy S10+ GM-G975U1-OD)

bearone21
Leader

buying directly from samsung got you a phone not tailored to verizon, not surprising that not all that some functions aren't working.

0 Likes

miraidave

Please let me know if you get a response. 

I hope someone from Verizon will read this thread and comment.  It is inconvenient not being able to use the app to look up my account.  I also cannot participate in the Verizon Up program because of this.

0 Likes

FelipeA

i am too having this problem. I noticed I can enable enchanced security settings either. Come on verizon, I did BYOD to experience better piece of mind but just becasue we are BYOD users does not make us less secure.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh, no. FelipeA, having online access to your account is essential and our goal is to make sure our website is working properly. What are the error message you receive when you try to set up your My Verizon app? 

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes

lrotundo

I have same issue. I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 I bought from Verizon, I switched to another carrier that didn't work out, then switched back to Verizon 5 days later. I went to Verizon store & 3 hrs later with Customer Support got it working. I used it twice, then got the same problem and have it ever since. I called Customer Support and they were going to do everything they did with the store all over again. Waiting for some magic to occur!!

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Irotundo We see you posted this two days ago but we still want to make sure you received the assistance you need. Exactly what is happening with the My Verizon App? Are you getting an error message? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes