Highlighted

Can someone (ANYONE!) Please tell me why my account still has a $299 past due balance?

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in early November I received my new iPhone 6 Plus on the Edge plan.

There was no return label in the box, so I contacted support and a label was shipped to me in a couple of days.

I sent the old iPhone 5 back in the box with that return label within the 14 day recommended period and went on with my life.

It is now December 29th, over two months after you (Verizon Edge) received my old phone (I tracked it) and the $299 charge is STILL on my account!

I spent over an hour in the store near my home on December 15th and was assured by the store employee that Verizon Edge HAD received my phone but that financials were backed up and it might take a few more days for the charge to be removed from my account.

Meanwhile, I had been receiving 3-4 annoying automated calls per day from you saying to pay my past due bill.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Last week, my service was suspended for.... you guessed it!.... non payment of the past due amount!

I immediately called customer service AGAIN and had to ask to speak to a supervisor after the CSR I first talked to said she couldn't help me.

The supervisor put me on hold, then came on the line and said he had verified that you HAD received my phone.

He put my account on an equipment hold (so that I wouldn't get shut off again) and AGAIN assured me that the charge would soon be off my account.

Guess what?!?!?!?!

The $299 charge is still there!

I have been a customer for over 15 years and have never had my phone shut off for non-payment or any other reason.

I want the $299 charge off my bill NOW.

And if this shows up on my credit report (and I check it regularly!) as a late or non-payment situation, I am contacting your legal department and I am going to sue Verizon Wireless for pain and suffering, stress, financial hardship, and anything else my lawyer can think of to add.

PLEASE resolve this issue today.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Can someone (ANYONE!) Please tell me why my account still has a $299 past due balance?

I was a user of Verizon Wireless for over 14 yrs.  I put up with drop calls, no service, strange billings, etc!  NO MORE got a tracphone  and 1000 minutes for 4.99 .   I can take pictures, access the web, etc AND never any drop calls or no service in area!  I don't have to go out to the road to update!  Smiley Happy  I don't think VERIZON can beat Tracphone and when I cancelled my service (paid my bill every month on time or before) they had no problem!  Also, I found out on their billing it tells you but who reads all the fine print?  They sell your number to advertising companies, so that is why I kept getting all these texts and calls from numbers I didn't recognize!  I am SOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY I LEFT VERIZON!!  Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Can someone (ANYONE!) Please tell me why my account still has a $299 past due balance?

Something to think about... thanks for your reply. Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Highlighted

I too edged up from the iphone 5c to iphone 6 back in October last year. I mailed the 5c back same day I got the 6 and the phone was received 6 days later by email confirmation. 2 months later (Dec) I am being charged equipment charges on that phone & have been fighting with Verizon by phone numerous times & going into the store & the charges have yet to be taken off. I got texts, calls numerous times a day threatening service shut off & now can't even pay my regular service charges because online & over the phone they force you to pay past due balance. As far as I am concerned this is fraudulent by Verizon & I shouldn't have to suffer for their mistake. I am done with Verizon & taking my business elsewhere!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Julz32!

I don't like waiting either! Have you received any confirmation about the trade in? Please contact our Trade in department at 877-247-3846 by phone, or Support@online.trade-in.vzw.com  by email for a resolution.

Thanks!

ChristinaB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes