Re: Legal or NOT!!

info4u
Novice

I have an issue with people insaulting me when I'm trying to help them. You did NOT ask if anyone had had a similar experience, you didn't ask a question to your peers at all in your OP. And obviously if you can "Figure it out yourself" Then you don't need your peers. So figure it out yourself.

0 Likes
Highlighted

mamcgoo

*intelligent.  and btw how do you know what I have done?  I did ask the question of my PEERS whether going into private information would be legal...  PEERS who know what they are talking about like LAWYERS!!  Not to get an opinion from someone who knows nothing about the situation to insult my intelligence!!  You have no idea what MY situation with Verizon is and YOU have no business insulting me in a public forum.  I never insulted YOU I just pointed out that you are not informed about MY situation which is true!  My first graders are more mature....

0 Likes

info4u
Novice

And I answered it: No it is not Legal, and no Verizon does not have access to it. Verizon doesn't have any access to any information on your phone, they only have access to the service you use, I can assure you that with 100% certainty. I have not once insulted your intelligence, if you feel I have maybe you are defending yourself over a sensitive subject. I had not insulted you till you started insulting me, so by your trying to insult me, that made it my business. And if you feel your 1st graders are more mature, then you need to graduate them. If you would like proof of the first insence of insulting it would be this post:

Exactly so why are YOU answering something you know nothing about? (Rude: Not taking the answer I gave on my knowledge of the situation and refusing my advice.) They OBVIOUSLY DO... have that information or that would not have happened...and more than once. (Rude: As that is not obvious you are blaming verzion before investigating: They do not have that information)  It has happened twice now with the same number and a person who would NEVER call me.

Before that point, I answered your question, and gave you a suggestion when you refused my answer.

0 Likes

mamcgoo

You obviously do not work for Verizon because they would be embarrassed by your attitude.  I was NOT speaking to you and you seem to take my question of legality personally.  With all of your advanced knowledge...  would love to hear your explanation of how the first person with Verizon service in my contact list makes an errant call to me when my bill is due and when I answer that call a message from Verizon comes on and tells me my bill is due?  and when I call that person back she had NOT called me and was in a class @ Virginia Tech?  This has happened more than once!  Stating FACTS that I KNOW is not rude and you need to mind your own business unless you know what you are talking about!  I do not need advice to "call customer services"....obviously I HAVE.  Thanks.  I didn't refuse your answer I just don't believe it to be true.

0 Likes

info4u
Novice

You do not know that I don't. And you know nothing of my attitude in a professional manner as this is a public forum for customers to customers. You were making a public forum, I am part of that public, so wether you see it or not you were speaking to me. As any cell phone owner knows there errors in a service, which can mistake an automated phone number to one registered in your phone. It is not a big deal, it is not as if you were charged for that phone calls, and it is not as if it was life threatening. It was a call that said Hey remember to pay your bill with an error on a phone number. It hasn't killed you. And not you don't have any legal course of action. Stating facts you know are true is not rude, but the way you worded it was. You put the post out there to a public forum so if I choose to comment then it is my business. Unless you state that you have gone through calling customer service we don't know so it is not obvious as you say. And refusing an answer is the same as believing it not to be true when you start getting snippety.

0 Likes

info4u
Novice

But anyhoo, I gave you the answer you needed: You refuse to take it. I don't have the time to waste to argue with someone who refuses to take an answer/advice.

0 Likes

flutterfly8497

My idea seems a little far fetched to me, but is it possible the phone displayed the incorrect number on a call coming from a multi line call center? I have never had it happen with a call from Verizon, but occasionally I have gotten a call my phone displayed as coming from my mom, when it was actually from my sister three hours away.

I would think the legal implications would far outweigh the reason for the call to you, and although Verizon isn't always the model for business ethics, they are a huge multi billion dollar corporation who doesn't need or want any more bad publicity related to privacy issues. Let us know what you find out!

0 Likes

mamcgoo

Your theory is not too far fetched but it would not explain the verizon recording on this person's cell phone who is a Freshman in college and the fact that she did not call me and when I called the number back the same recording came on...the second time this happened the call was from a collegue who I had not spoken to in about 7 years and when I called the number back a man answered the phone and said HE has had the number for 5 years now.  It would be a million in one chance that a stranger errantly called me from my friends old number by accident.  Obviously Verizon is using information in our phones to get us to answer their call.  I have had this same account since 1998 so I am sure Verizon should know I will pay my bill and doesn't need to resort to privacy invasion to do so.

Marci

Private info removed as required by the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes

jroeder

Actually, it would explain why you got a call from that number.

Say Verizon calls you at 800-922-0204 but you phone glitches and the call shows up as a contact in your phone.

Even if Verizon had access to your personal information, how would they be able to use that persons # to call you?

It is as simple as your caller-id displaying incorrect information as to who is calling. Which sounds like a problem with your phone.

So in response to your initial post, this is not an issue of privacy. Rather, this is a technical mishap with your phone.

Good Luck Smiley Happy

Community Manager
Community Manager

info4u, thanks for confirming that we don't access our customers' contacts to contact them. Our Financial Services department only places calls to the contact phone numbers provided by the customer and any active wireless phone on that account. However, you can avoid courtesy calls from our collections team by dialing #PMT to make a payment arrangement.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes