Can The Jitterbug Phone Be Added To A Verizon Plan?

VERT

My MIL has a Jitterbug Plus and I want to know 2 things...

1) Can I use the "Bring your own device" option to add her Jitterbug to my current "The Verizon Plan".

2) If yes, can she keep the same number?

We do not want a new phone, she is 90 and learning a new phone and changing numbers would create too many issues.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Can The Jitterbug Phone Be Added To A Verizon Plan?

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

The Jitterbug is a proprietary phone for Great Call - it won't work on other carriers.  It's a very limited device (my Dad, 82, has one) but simple and makes calls and does texts (if you want it - Dad has minutes only).

If she already has the Jitterbug and a plan, that's likely the most cost effective solution you can have for her.  My advice is to keep things as they are.

View solution in original post

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

The Jitterbug is a proprietary phone for Great Call - it won't work on other carriers.  It's a very limited device (my Dad, 82, has one) but simple and makes calls and does texts (if you want it - Dad has minutes only).

If she already has the Jitterbug and a plan, that's likely the most cost effective solution you can have for her.  My advice is to keep things as they are.

View solution in original post

Adeloach

Is there another easy flip phone for those with limited sight that can be added to a verizon plan?

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello Adeloach, we understand your need for a flip phone, and we'd love to help. We have several flip phones available at this time. You can view our selections in the following link: http://spr.ly/6600EI5QK. For a person with limited sight, we recommend the Alcatel GO FLIP V. It has large backlit keys and easy-to-navigate features like dedicated text and camera buttons, to make it simple to use. You can find it here: http://spr.ly/6602EI5QM this information help?

UbaldoJ_VZW

0 Likes

ansientwun

This answer doesn't seem to be correct.  GreatCall made a deal with Verizon in August of 2009 to use the Verizon network.

0 Likes
Highlighted

ansientwun

I STAND CORRECTED.  The Jitterbug phone does use the Verizon network but it CAN NOT be added to a Verizon account,  You must go through GreatCall for all service.