Can I use my post-paid SIM card in a new prepaid device?

GREFOR62
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Can I take the sim card out of my LG V10 (monthly data plan) thats broken and put it in verizon's new pre-paid smart phone to use?

deloused

That will work as long as both devices use the same SIM card type and the service requirements were met on the sales agreement for the prepaid phone you want to use so that it would be unlocked for use on postpaid accounts. 

0 Likes

Re: Can I take the sim card out of my LG V10 (monthly data plan) thats broken and put it in verizon's new pre-paid smart phone to use?

deloused

That will work as long as both devices use the same SIM card type and the service requirements were met on the sales agreement for the prepaid phone you want to use so that it would be unlocked for use on postpaid accounts. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

GREFOR62, making sure you have the right SIM card for your device is a must. Allow us to go over the details. Just to clarify, are you looking to use the Pre-paid device on your post paid account? If so, you will need to activate the prepaid device first along with purchasing 1 month of service with Prepaid. Once that Pre-paid device is activated it will be eligible to use on your post paid account. Please contact our prepaid department to get started 888-294-6804. Does this help clarify your concern?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes