Can I use another upgrade for my device on an Edge plan?

So I am currently on the old edge plan where you can early upgrade at 75% with trade in then full upgrade at 24 months. I broke my iPhone 6 that is currently on that plan with no insurance or anything. My mom has an upgrade for her phone (she has the iPhone 4 with no contract or anything and plans on keeping it forever basically). Obviously i will be continuing the payments on the 6, but can i use her upgrade and get another phone on an edge plan and switch it to my number?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Phone is on current edge plan but i broke it, can i use my mom's upgrade and get a new phone?

Customer Support

I  am here to make your confusion disappear heyman69. It is nice of your mom to let you use her upgrade to start a new device payment plan. I see rschnoor has it exactly right that you would be paying out the current device payment plan on your line & then a new one on her line as well. Your line access charges though are based on the number of lines on the account. Two lines on the account = two line access charges. The only way there would be a 3rd one is if you open up a 3rd line on the account. Does that help to clear things up for you?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Phone is on current edge plan but i broke it, can i use my mom's upgrade and get a new phone?

Sr. Leader

You can do this, but you would then be making payments on 2 iPhones. Then if your mother breaks her phone, she will be required to pay full retail for a replacement.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Do i have to pay an extra line access charge for the new phone? We are both paying 40 each for the smartphone line access. If i use the upgrade will we be paying for three $40 line accesses or just 2 still?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I thought you were upgrading it with DPP on your mother's eligible line, not opening up a new line of service.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

I  am here to make your confusion disappear heyman69. It is nice of your mom to let you use her upgrade to start a new device payment plan. I see rschnoor has it exactly right that you would be paying out the current device payment plan on your line & then a new one on her line as well. Your line access charges though are based on the number of lines on the account. Two lines on the account = two line access charges. The only way there would be a 3rd one is if you open up a 3rd line on the account. Does that help to clear things up for you?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

View solution in original post

0 Likes