Can I trade in my phone at a Verizon store to get immediate credit instead of going through the trade in website and waiting several months to have my account credited?

II would like to get immediate credit at the store to ensure Verizon properly appraises my phone and credits my account right away.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Can I trade in my phone at a Verizon store to get immediate credit instead of going through the trade in website and waiting several months to have my account credited?

if you take your device to a Verizon location you can turn the device in and get a gift card emailed to you with the value of the device. it can be used immediately.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Can I trade in my phone at a Verizon store to get immediate credit instead of going through the trade in website and waiting several months to have my account credited?

Sr. Leader

No, it doesn't work that way.  If you can find a store that will send the phone in for you (most just help you get the envelope), the stores have no final appraisal authority and it all depends on the evaluation when received in the oft repeated "warehouse".  No immediate credit is given.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

The only "immediate credit" method I can think of may be if you do a trade in at Best Buy BUT you'll only get store credit so if you were wanting to use your credit to get another device you will have to purchase from BB.

0 Likes
Highlighted

if you take your device to a Verizon location you can turn the device in and get a gift card emailed to you with the value of the device. it can be used immediately.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

They want the credit immediately. They don't want to wait for a gift card to arrive. That was the whole point of their post.

0 Likes
Highlighted

it's as instantaneous as sending and receiving an email while you're standing in-store next to a Verizon employee. I don't know how much more "immediate" it can get.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

When you go in store and trade in your phone you won't receive credit instantly in the store (meaning it can't be used that moment). Waiting for a gift card to be mailed to you isn't instant. Not to mention the phone has to be inspected at the warehouse before credit is issued to you. So again, not instant.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I did an upgrade in-store and have used the trade-in program as of last week. I traded in my phone and a minute later i received an email with my gift card code that i was able to apply to my purchase. i do not know where you are getting your information but i believe you are incorrect

Highlighted

Leader

It's been discussed at length on here and I have done trade ins on one of my accounts in store. Maybe it was different for you or it works differently depending on what store you go in to (if it's a corporate VZW or an authorized retailer). I just know for my personal experience at the largest corporate store in our state (and I believe in the region) you will not get an instant credit. The OP can of course go to their local store to test the waters if they haven't already and maybe they will have your luck. But I have spoken on what I know to be true.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Don't do it. Verizon advertised $200.00 trade in value for any iphone 5 or 5c. I have had to battle them for the past 4 days and they still at this point can't help me with this. They are not honoring what they are advertising BUYER BEWARE...

0 Likes
Covid19