Highlighted

Can I split off of my current plan with 7 people into a plan with just my wife and I?

My wife and I are looking to split off of our current family plan with has 7 people into just a plan with the two of us. Is this possible without having to pay cancellation fees? We don't want to leave Verizon, we just want the two of us on our own plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Can I split off of my current plan with 7 people into a plan with just my wife and I?

Leader

Are you the account holder? If so you'd need someone, just one person, to do an Assumption of Liability and take over the other 5 accounts. Essentially just removing them from your current account. They can also do any combination of that; 1 person can take over 2 accounts, and 1 person can take over 3 or they can all break off into individual accounts etc.

If you're not the account holder, then you would need the account holder to call in and tell them which lines and to whom they will go to and then you yourself would call in to do an Assumption of Liability.

To do an assumption of liability you need to be 18 years old, and provide them with your SSN # and DL # and they will run a credit check. Depending on the outcome the person may be required to put a deposit down.

Lines that are on any Edge contract can NOT be taken over by someone else unless you pay off the Edge contracts.

0 Likes