Highlighted

Can I sign up for two different International plans?

RICGRE14

i'm given the choice of either $10 a day for unlimited use, which would amount to $110 for my trip, or the $40 for a month with a 100 mb limit on data. If I exhaust the 100 mb limit on the monthly plan, can i then sign up for the $10 a day plan, or am I obligated to stay with the monthly plan and pay the rather expensive overage charges?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: International plan

lukevinyl

Since no one actually answered your question let me confirm for you that yes, you can do as you proposed. The TravelPass feature takes preference over any other international offering so that even if you do have the 100min/msg/MB data plan for the first 7 days (for example) and then add TravelPass on the 8th day, it will then charge $10 per day from the 8th day on using your standard domestic allowances (with the exception of data speeds as was mentioned(If more than ½ GB of data is used per day/session, the data speed will be reduced temporarily to 2G)).

Hopefully that is the answer you were looking for....

0 Likes

Ann154
Power User

The $10 travel pass is restricted to 512 MB of high speed data before reducing to 2G speed for the remainder of the 24 hour day period.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

RICGRE14

That's good to know. Not quite the question I'm asking. Let me try saying it differently:
   I'm going to be away for 10 days. If I buy daypasses, that's $100.
   I can try to get by using the  1 month / 100 mb pass, which costs $40. If i use up the entire 100mb before the month is over, the plan starts charging an enormous sum per mb for the overage.
   So: If I find that I exhaust the 100 mb in the $40 plan before the month is over, can I avoid the overage charge by then purchasing daypasses from that point on?
Thanks!

0 Likes

Ann154
Power User

I have no idea. I'm just another customer like yourself except I haven't needed to dig into the international options. You should review the international travel options page or call the international support number for clarification.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

RICGRE14,

We always want you to have the best plan for y our travels. Allow me to clear up a few things for you. If you add the $40.00 100 min/text/MB plan, you can use more data but it will be $25.00 per 100MB over ($0.25 per minute & $0.25 per text sent).

With the $10.00 TravelPass option, you are only charged the $10.00 (per 24 hours), when you use your device/activate the TravelPass service. TravelPass is good for a 24 hour period.

You may check out the different plan options & costs here through our Trip Planner: http://vz.to/1HlYosb

0 Likes

lukevinyl

Since no one actually answered your question let me confirm for you that yes, you can do as you proposed. The TravelPass feature takes preference over any other international offering so that even if you do have the 100min/msg/MB data plan for the first 7 days (for example) and then add TravelPass on the 8th day, it will then charge $10 per day from the 8th day on using your standard domestic allowances (with the exception of data speeds as was mentioned(If more than ½ GB of data is used per day/session, the data speed will be reduced temporarily to 2G)).

Hopefully that is the answer you were looking for....

0 Likes