Highlighted

Can I see the content of text messages that are more than 90 days old?

Is there a way to get information on text messages over 90 days old?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Old text messages

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi salgal217,

Fantastic question! Unfortunately you would be unable to review messaging details outside of the 90 days listed. However, if this is needed for legal purposes a court order can be provided for additional options. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions or concerns, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi salgal217,

Fantastic question! Unfortunately you would be unable to review messaging details outside of the 90 days listed. However, if this is needed for legal purposes a court order can be provided for additional options. Please keep us posted if you have any additional questions or concerns, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

hi.. I just spoke with a customer service person on the phone who said you can go to a verizon store and they will print out your text message details for up to 18 months.. was she wrong or just confused and meaning 18 months for call details..

Highlighted

Expert

It is 90 days for the text message logs. You can access the electronic copies of your bills for eighteen months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

is there any way to get Text message logs past 90 days out or are they just gone past 90 days?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Expert

You can call customer service and ask. If they can provide them, there might be a charge for it. I know they charge a fee for bills older than 18 months.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We love to keep our customers informed, hockeyb79! Thank you to Ann154 offering helpful information. Text records are only available online for the last 90 days. Our stores are unable to print text records for any time frame. Additional records may be able to be obtained through court order or subpoena however we are unable to guarantee availability.

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

Highlighted

So your saying with a court order I can get text message logs past the 90 days that are online? is there a set time frame that Verizon holds onto these logs? if they have them past 90 days why can we only see 90 days?

0 Likes
Highlighted

can u get copies of the texts? or is it just the text message logs?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Anyverizon, great question. We can supply the text message logs, but the content of the messages is not available. Have a great weekend.

ChaunceyM_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes