Highlighted

Can I request the content of old text messages?

dmo306

I had to erase my inbox and had messages that I need to get back. Is there a way I can do that? If so how?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Can I request to get the content of old text messages

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the information, ttipgem!
I just want clarify that for anyone else that comes across this problem with messages.
Text message content is maintained in Verizon message centers only for up to 10 days from receipt by VZW. All requests for text message content must be made through an attorney or court and made exclusively to the Verizon Law Enforcement Resource Team.
We are not able to provide a hard copy unless it is a legal matter.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

ttipgem

How old?

Typically, you would need a court order to retrieve the content of old text messages.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for the information, ttipgem!
I just want clarify that for anyone else that comes across this problem with messages.
Text message content is maintained in Verizon message centers only for up to 10 days from receipt by VZW. All requests for text message content must be made through an attorney or court and made exclusively to the Verizon Law Enforcement Resource Team.
We are not able to provide a hard copy unless it is a legal matter.

TamaraH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

i need a copy of all text messages regarding jeff and myself due  to a personal issue

thank you

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

As noted in the post above yours, Verizon only keeps text messages for the past 10 days.  Requests for the content require a court order.

0 Likes

XBM

Does this also include photos taken and sent through Verizon service?  Are these available if requested by attorney or by court order?

0 Likes

so theres no way you can see the messages for the past 10 days unless you have a court order

0 Likes

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Well, you could look at the phone.