Highlighted

Can I remove my phone, my boyfriend's phone, and my iPad from my parents' plan?

And if I can, how do I do so, and what is the cost, if any?

I don't want to end our contract and plan on staying with Verizon. I'm just looking to remove these three devices from their plan and go to a new one.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Can I remove my phone, my boyfriend's phone, and my iPad from my parents' plan?

Sr. Leader

You need to do what's called an Assumption of Liability, and split those 3 lines off to your own plan.  No fees to do this, just the cost of whatever plan you choose for those three lines, and possibly a deposit for the new account based on your credit score.

If either your phone or your boyfriend's phone was purchased using the Edge plan, then it can't be split off until that is completed.  If the lines are simply in a contract, and not under Edge, then the  ontracts and all would move to the new account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Can I remove my phone, my boyfriend's phone, and my iPad from my parents' plan?

Sr. Leader

You need to do what's called an Assumption of Liability, and split those 3 lines off to your own plan.  No fees to do this, just the cost of whatever plan you choose for those three lines, and possibly a deposit for the new account based on your credit score.

If either your phone or your boyfriend's phone was purchased using the Edge plan, then it can't be split off until that is completed.  If the lines are simply in a contract, and not under Edge, then the  ontracts and all would move to the new account.

View solution in original post

0 Likes