Can I punish mybratty kid by suspending his phone use for say one or two days and then turn it back on how hard is it to turn it back on or will it end up just being more work for me

DallasDugan

So my kids got it all figured out but I pay for the phone so I thought I would turn it off for a few days and see if his attitude changed when I go to suspend service it makes me think how hard it might be to reactivate service so what are your thoughts on that and if you have any ideas to help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Can I punish mybratty kid by suspending his phone use for say one or two days and then turn it back on how hard is it to turn it back on or will it end up just being more work for me

dad_of_2

I am not sure if this will work, but you could look in Family Base.  With this source you can control who they call, text, and what website they go to. It is just $5 per month.  That may control their usage.  Try calling Customer Service (*611) about it.

I hope it helps! Good Luck!

Here are some links about it:

FamilyBase FAQs | Verizon Wireless

How to Use Guide: Verizon FamilyBase | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Can I punish mybratty kid by suspending his phone use for say one or two days and then turn it back on how hard is it to turn it back on or will it end up just being more work for me

Weth
Sr. Leader

If you do this, you won't get get the desired outcome.  The last parent who did this on the forum found out suspending device does not prevent the child from using the device with a wifi signal or hotspot connection from a friend.  Only sure way is to take the phone away.  Since the kids don't really use the phone, all they need is an Internet connection in any fashion to get all the functions they use. 

dad_of_2

I am not sure if this will work, but you could look in Family Base.  With this source you can control who they call, text, and what website they go to. It is just $5 per month.  That may control their usage.  Try calling Customer Service (*611) about it.

I hope it helps! Good Luck!

Here are some links about it:

FamilyBase FAQs | Verizon Wireless

How to Use Guide: Verizon FamilyBase | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Re: Can I punish mybratty kid by suspending his phone use for say one or two days and then turn it back on how hard is it to turn it back on or will i

Amyclifton3

Just found that out myself . They can still use it through wifi.

0 Likes