Highlighted

Can I get a copy of text and phone records?

richtaco

I would like to know how to get a copy of text and phone records from certain phone numbers

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: text and phone calls

deloused

Text content is only kept in Verizon's system for about 10 days before purging, they can provide you with those recent records if you submit a subpoena to them for your court case.

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

If you're logged into your My Verizon account as Account Owner/Manager, click the red View Usage Details button, then Minutes or Messages on the left-hand side.  Use the drop-down, if applicable, to choose the appropriate line. 

For logs from previous billing cycles, hover over My Billing & Usage at the top of the screen, then click View Bill.  Use the drop-down to select the appropriate bill, then click the Calls&Messages tab.  Use the drop-down to select the appropriate line, if applicable, then click Voice or Messaging, depending on which log you want to see.  Call logs are available for the past 18 months; text logs are available for the past 90 days.

Community Manager
Community Manager

Great question! You can access these records through your My Verizon account online for devices on your account.

CarleyR_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes

Angsphoto

Just to see calls or can u see the actual messages

0 Likes

deloused

It will show the date & time of calls and messages with the incoming and outgoing phone numbers, messaging content isn't stored.

0 Likes

richtaco

No I need a hard copy of them for court

deloused

Text content is only kept in Verizon's system for about 10 days before purging, they can provide you with those recent records if you submit a subpoena to them for your court case.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

richtaco, we want to make sure you get the information you need for court. What you were told has been correct. I would like to add that we have a department called Verizon Security Assistance Team. What you would need to do is have the law enforcement agency involved in your matter call 800-922-0204. A customer Service rep will give them number to that department. Once that is done, only the law enforcement agency can call the VSAT team for the records in question.
AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!