Highlighted

Can I download my conversations with Message+?

I'm currently using messaging (the Android little green guy), and I've noticed I cannot download my text conversations to Cloud (does that happen automatically or manually?), My questions are: 1) Will I be able to download conversations with Messag+? and 2) Does Message plus cost more $$$$ a month?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Message text apps????

Sr. Leader

When in the desktop app, highlight a conversation in the left pane.  One the right pane where the actual conversation resides, there are three icons, hover and you see Print, Export, and Remove.  You get further options when you select.

On the phone app, long press a conversation to get options to save, then you can export the file.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Message+ does not cost monthly it is a free app and free to use. 

You can then text online at link below or from other registered devices

My Verizon Online Sign In - Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
Highlighted

Could you enlighten me on how to save/download a text conversation?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

When in the desktop app, highlight a conversation in the left pane.  One the right pane where the actual conversation resides, there are three icons, hover and you see Print, Export, and Remove.  You get further options when you select.

On the phone app, long press a conversation to get options to save, then you can export the file.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Could you please elaborate on saving and exporting the file? Where exactly do you save it on the SD card? And after that, how do you export it? I've been trying for many hours and cant figure it out.

At one point I was able to see a conversation I saved on line at web.vma.vzw.com, but have not been able to do that again.

Please advise,

Thank you

KD

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Good questions - I've never had the need to do this so I am learning as I go.  On the phone, the convo saves as a .vzm file; you can find it under VZMessages with ES File Explorer.  Opening it as a text file I could see the text of the messages, but there was a lot of extraneous information so it was hard to decipher.

The desktop app...at the moment the site seems to be timing out on me so I can't get to the desktop app to test - I'm thinking it may be simpler from the desktop.  When I can actually log in I'll let you know.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'll look in to it. But shouldn't the text conversations be showing up in My Cloud?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

I don't use Verizon's cloud - I much prefer Google drive or One Drive.  And TBH, I don't back up or save text messages.  The 90 days I can view on the computer or phone is more than sufficient for my nees.

Perhaps some one that does use the back up features to actually go back and retrieve the messages would be more helpful.

0 Likes
Highlighted

The purported solution no longer works; if you download the Desktop app, it says "This version of the app is no longer supported" and then gives a link to vzw.com

Verizon - you need to pay the people you paid to develop the app to modernize it, OR remove all the references in your FAQ's to how easy it is to download messages, as it no longer works.

I understand that 'history' and old messages, like the ones in this thread pop up, but spend some time doing SEO - search should return the most relevant hits. If it's a 2015 thread, maybe you need to (re)build this functionality in, or build a proper link to 'how' to do it into your FAQ so THAT pops up on search.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Also, I forgot to add - the web version, which is difficult to find unless you have the direct link:

https://web.vma.vzw.com/

only allows you to download 90 days of data, which is really lame.

== John ==

0 Likes