Highlighted

Can I downgrade my phone to an older iPhone in the middle of my contract?

Kevin5mith

Do to financial strain, I would like to downgrade my phone from a 7s Plus to a 6s. I am Not eligible for an upgrade yet which I would opt to pick an older phone. What Are my options to get rid of this phone and lower my bill?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Can I downgrade my phone to an older iPhone in the middle of my contract?

Ann154
Expert

Are you in the middle of a service contract or a device payment agreement? Do you have insurance on the iPhone 7s plus?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes

SuzyQ
Sr. Leader

You are obligated to pay for the phone you have and agreed to make payments on (I'm figuring you have a monthly payment on the iPhone 7 and want to lower or eliminate that payment).  Your option is to sell the iPhone 7, and use that money to pay off the balance to remove the payment from your monthly bill.

That still leaves you needing a phone - you'll need to buy a lower priced device (but from a third party, not Verizon) and likely have to pay the full price of that device up front.  Or borrow from a friend, or reactivate an older phone you may still have around as a backup.

rcschnoor
Sr. Leader

Do you have a friend or relative which has an old, no longer used phone laying around you can activate on your line? That would be the least expensive way to switch phone.

You are still responsible for the payments on the iPhone 7, though. You cannot simply return it to Verizon and stop making payments. Your best bet would be to pay off the phone and then sell it in order to recoup the money you used to pay off the device.

0 Likes