Highlighted

Can I block a number so I can't call it?

chasechan2050

Is there a way that you can still end up calling a number that you have blocked? Or will it tell you that you have the number blocked? I know that it'll tell you that someone else has your number blocked, if I recall, I was just wondering if it happens for you making a call to a number you've blocked.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Calling blocked numbers

Community Manager
Community Manager

@chasechan2050,

Great question! And you've come to the right place for answers. As tikibar mentioned, if you are referring to the free Call & Message block you are still able to call the numbers you block. The block is for incoming calls and messages only. If you want to restrict a line from calling a certain number you would need to add Family Base to the line. Visit http://vz.to/19jkOVm for more info.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

If you are referring to the blocking feature on MyVerizon (where you can block up to five numbers free for 90 days), the blocks are for calls coming in, they don't block calls going out.

0 Likes

chasechan2050

Thanks, but is there any way that you can block a number so you don't call it, even accidentally?

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader

You could look into Family Base (click link below), or just delete the contact from your phone.

Verizon Wireless - It's the Network

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

@chasechan2050,

Great question! And you've come to the right place for answers. As tikibar mentioned, if you are referring to the free Call & Message block you are still able to call the numbers you block. The block is for incoming calls and messages only. If you want to restrict a line from calling a certain number you would need to add Family Base to the line. Visit http://vz.to/19jkOVm for more info.

Keep me posted if you need further assistance.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes