Highlighted

Can I adjust our family share plan to include sharing my 4gb of data?

Novice

Nationwide family share 550, data 4gb, 500 message (shared).  My husband will be ready for a new phone in March but he uses a basic phone.  Is there anyway we can have a plan similar to what we have now but share my 4gb data? I don't use much data and could split my data and he can get a better phone, but we can't pay more than what we are now which is 110.00 a month.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Can I adjust our family share plan to include sharing my 4gb of data?

Sr. Leader

You cannot share data on Family Share, you would have to change to More Everything.  

To stay at $110, if you are still in a contract, you could only share 500MB

if you are not in a contract, then you can share 2GB

to share 4 GB would be $150 if you are on contract and $135 if you are not in a contract. 

I am assuming you will buy your husband's phone on contract for all examples.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

You cannot share data on Family Share, you would have to change to More Everything.  

To stay at $110, if you are still in a contract, you could only share 500MB

if you are not in a contract, then you can share 2GB

to share 4 GB would be $150 if you are on contract and $135 if you are not in a contract. 

I am assuming you will buy your husband's phone on contract for all examples.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

If your husband is planning to go from a basic to a smartphone, your bill is likely to increase - even adding him to your plan now would add $30 for 2GB data for his line.  You can figure how much data you will use  together, add $40 per line for the smartphones (less $15 for out of contract lines if your data bucket is less than 10GB); it's still likely to cost more than your plan now.

Your 550 minutes looks like a "loyalty" plan which is normally about the best pricing you'll get.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

That was the plan to get him a smartphone.  Well I guess our plan we have now will have to do.  He doesn't use internet and is very rough with phones, so a basic phone will be for him, thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

Right now I get 4GB for $30, I got that when they had the promotion.  I'm the only one that uses a smartphone because my husband doesn't go on the internet or have emails.  He will have to stay with a basic phone but it's hard finding one, they don't have a good selection.  He is rough with phones so that is also why we stick with a basic with him.  I just thought maybe if we could share my data we would try a better phone for him.  Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

Check eBay or swappa.com for a gently used, older rugged basic phone ... avoid a contract, and you may get a few good years out of the device.  YOu may also check with friends and see if anyone has an older, basic phone they aren't using any longer.

Be sure it's branded with Verizon so it will work on the network.

0 Likes