Highlighted

Can I add a new line with unlimited minutes and text, but no data?

can i add a new line with unlimited minutes and text, but no data?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: new line

Customer Support

ANGPHI24, Making sure you get the right plan for your new line of service is a must. What make/model phone were you thinking of adding to this new line? I ask because a smartphone would need a data package to function. The best course of action would be for you to contact our telesales team. You can reach them directly by dialing 800-256-4646.

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

ANGPHI24, Making sure you get the right plan for your new line of service is a must. What make/model phone were you thinking of adding to this new line? I ask because a smartphone would need a data package to function. The best course of action would be for you to contact our telesales team. You can reach them directly by dialing 800-256-4646.

JoeyM_VZW            

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

So in other words, you won't answer the question but want people to call and be harrassed by sales reps instead. I personally have flip phones for kids. I do not want data on them. Your refusal to answer is telling.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Hello RedPocket,

I can definitely clarify some of these details for you, and I'm sorry for any confusion. Please allow me to explain that our plans have voice, messaging, and data included. So, there is not a way to get a plan without any data. However, we definitely understand where you're coming from. We offer Verizon Smart Family, which is a service that gives you parental controls to help manage your kids' smartphone* use.

From a single app, you'll be able to:

• Use content filtering
  • Limit and monitor calls, texts and purchases
  • Monitor web and app activity
  • Pause the internet
  • Use location tracking and check-in features (Verizon Smart Family Premium)

Only smartphones are currently supported with Smart Family. Check out all the details here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/verizon-smart-family-faqs/

I hope this information is helpful.

ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

@RedPocket wrote:

So in other words, you won't answer the question but want people to call and be harrassed by sales reps instead. I personally have flip phones for kids. I do not want data on them. Your refusal to answer is telling.

Flip phones don't need data, smart phones do which was what was answered...in 2017. 

0 Likes