Highlighted

Can I Port out 1 line of a 2-line family plan?

Hello,

My husband and I have two lines on an old FamilyShare plan with 700 shared minutes, 250 texts each, and unlimited data. Both lines are well out of contract. For a variety of reasons, I would like to port my number to another carrier, but I don't want to jeopardize my husband's unlimited data.

What will happen to his plan if I port out? Which plan will his line be converted to? It's my understanding that he should be able to keep unlimited data because he isn't buying a subsidized phone or upgrading. But how many minutes will he have when the plan converts to a single line? If the minutes are too low, then I'm worried that he will have no choice but to change his plan and thus lose his unlimited data.

Thank you!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Porting out 1 line of a 2-line family plan?

Not applicable

Unless he personally changes the plan, it will remain exactly as if the account has two devices on it.

There is no need to do anything since the line charges for the second line will get removed and it will revert to the one lines charges.

However unlimited will stay in any case.

He can also go into MY Verizon and change the minutes and leave the unlimited data alone, but personally I would not bother. Sometimes the plan costs more when you do an Ala cart.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Not applicable

Unless he personally changes the plan, it will remain exactly as if the account has two devices on it.

There is no need to do anything since the line charges for the second line will get removed and it will revert to the one lines charges.

However unlimited will stay in any case.

He can also go into MY Verizon and change the minutes and leave the unlimited data alone, but personally I would not bother. Sometimes the plan costs more when you do an Ala cart.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Thank you for the response, Elector.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi eyeowanc!

As indicated by Elector (thanks!) your husband data plan will not be change simply by porting your number out from the account. Now, I would to get an opportunity to address any issues that are prompting you to port-out from our wireless family. Please follow me (I'm following you now) and send me a direct message with more details and I'll be happy to explore ways to keep you with us.

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes