Highlighted

Can I Activate An Existing Phone To My Current Plan?

DIABRI73

If I have an existing phone, can I get it activated to my current number and plan?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: existing phone

Community Manager
Community Manager

DIABRI73, I want to make sure that you can get your device up and running on your existing number and plan. You can always check to see if the device that you have is compatible with Verizon Wireless by following this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/ This should then be able to walk you through the steps on how to complete the activation on the phone. Please keep us posted if you have additional questions or concerns.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

kathy65793

As long as it works on the Verizon network

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

DIABRI73, I want to make sure that you can get your device up and running on your existing number and plan. You can always check to see if the device that you have is compatible with Verizon Wireless by following this link: https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/ This should then be able to walk you through the steps on how to complete the activation on the phone. Please keep us posted if you have additional questions or concerns.

KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

JODMEY72

Not true. I had a phone to use while waiting for  a replacement...Verizon would NOT allow it to be added to plan, even though it is a verizon phone.

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@JODMEY72 wrote:

Not true. I had a phone to use while waiting for  a replacement...Verizon would NOT allow it to be added to plan, even though it is a verizon phone.

You can add any LTE verizon phone.  Verizon is already not allowing any CDMA only phones.  

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

JODMEY72, I'm sorry to hear that you were not able to activate your back-up phone while you waited for your replacement phone. Let’s work together to see what happened. What model phone did you have? How did you try to activate it?

Here are more details about our CDMA Network Activation Retirement. 

http://spr.ly/6601EjGbN note that this activation restriction also applies to 4G LTE smartphones that do not support HD Voice service. Does this help?

JoelR_VZW

0 Likes

boringusername

@JODMEY72 wrote:

Which phone

0 Likes

alias4cat

Sorry but the link about CDMA Network Activation Retirement goes to a dead page. Is there another?

0 Likes

tikibar1
Sr. Leader
0 Likes