Re: Call from my own number

Blncfn67

I just started getting these today and so far have received 4 of them. It's bad enough when I get 10-12 telemarketer/robocalls a day, but now they're coming from my own number. I keep blocking all the numbers but it does no good when they call just call back from another number with all but one digit the same. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello, Blncfn67. Robocalls can definitely be a frustration situation to be going through with the endless calls, and we can certainly assist you with your concern. We do have a service available to assist you with different options to identify and block spam calls. Here is a link if you wish to learn more: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/. VianeyP_VZW

0 Likes

BlueCaller

I started getting these today too.  4 calls from my voicemail with my number.  Your links are not helpful I mean really you should block your own number??? The call filter that I pay for does not record it and you can't block it from there either.  

Even if you set the number to block or don't answer they leave messages.  It's rediculous. 

0 Likes

4thought

Pathetic! Seriously?  The answer is for me to give Verizon, (or any other carrier,) more money? 

It's utterly shameless for Verizon to put a plug in for a (paid) service when their customers are searching for help with a problem that's growing by the day.

Maybe when enough of the politicians get tired of the constant ringing of their phones from scammers, robocallers - well, maybe then something will get done. 

The scary part is looking toward the government to actually solve a problem without creating several others! 

tcampbellct

I also have been getting calls from my own number. I tried to block my own number, as some has suggested, but I receive and error on the Verizon website that says "Please enter a valid phone number. You cannot block MDN used to login to web site." How can I address this? I don't use the number to login to the web site.

0 Likes

rick1101

I have the same question and am in NC

nicknick2

Same problem. Getting spam calls coming from my own number, and there's no option to block it. Please fix this.

deloused

Your need to change your phone number so the party calling you would no longer be able to do so to stop that 

0 Likes

BECH01

That has happened to me over the past two days after I had to reset my google Pixel2 to factory standards for ad bombings.  I would also ban my own phone number except that it is handy if I misplace my phone!!   Is there anything else we can do?  I have a device password - but that it is!

0 Likes

deloused

Change your phone number 

0 Likes