Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Call forwarding remtoly

Why can you only forward the phone with the handset now? We have lost the functionality to forward the phone via the WEB and Verizon application remotely (without having the phone with you) This new security "feature" makes it worthless to use the app or the web to forward the phone... may as well use *72... Now only way to forward the phone remotely (without the phone)  is to call customer support.... why????

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Call forwarding remtoly

L1965

Call Forwarding can only be enabled on the actual device itself. However you can only call forward to an US 10 Digit number. For example if you were to call forward to the number 341, it will let you but if you call your original number you will not be connected because 341 is not a number.

Call VZW to enable call forwarding remotely as this is the only way to do this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Leader

I didn't know that it could be done from the web or app.

Maybe, just maybe, it is for security reasons.

0 Likes

Sr. Leader

I'm still able to forward calls using a desktop computer and the link provided in this how-to:

How to Use Guide: Call Forwarding | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes

Yes but you must have the phone and use "Text me the code" to be able to forward your phone. You cannot forward unless you physically have the phone. If you use the APP to forward the phone it will only work from the phone itself not logging into it from another phone or location without the phone.

0 Likes

you used to be able to... but no longer unless you do it directly from your phone.

0 Likes

I agree.  I used to be able to forward my calls from the web or from the "my verizon" app.... this was especially helpful if I was out of the country where I could not dial the *72 + number to forward.  now with their new app (app updated) I cannot forward while outside the country and via web it's a [removed] to do a 2-factor authentication and ALSO a text-message verification... come on!! I'm all for security... but this is ridiculous!  Use cookies and don't send me into authentication [removed] every single time.... please help us Verizon!

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes

L1965

Call Forwarding can only be enabled on the actual device itself. However you can only call forward to an US 10 Digit number. For example if you were to call forward to the number 341, it will let you but if you call your original number you will not be connected because 341 is not a number.

Call VZW to enable call forwarding remotely as this is the only way to do this.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Yes, the only current way to do this is either with the device or call VZW support. Unfortunately Verizon has removed functionality to be able to do this either with the application remotely or with the website (without the device in hand)

0 Likes

So this happened to me today.  I left my phone at home by mistake and when I got to work I logged on to MyVerizon from my computer and tried to forward my phone to my (non Verizon) work line.  It required me from the web page to enter a code that was sent to my phone, which of course is at home so I can't get the code.  So I tried calling customer support which put me into an automated resolution menu tree which I was not able to get the fix from.  So the only other option to speak to a "live representative" was to schedule a call back.  Well how useless was that when I clicked to do that the first available call back time was TOMORROW.   Verizon, this is just plain dumb.  You need to allow us to disable two factor authentication on call forwarding.

0 Likes

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes