Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.
By what time zone does Verizon use to log data usage? When I checked my current usage, there is data used logged in at early morning times and I don't have anyone else who is up at these times.
WillietheWarlock

By what time zone does Verizon use to log data usage?  When I checked my current usage, there is data used logged in at early morning times and I don't have anyone else who is up at these times.  I also have 1.8+ GB charged to my allowance that I don't understand at all how it is mine because the highest I've ever logged at any given time has been barely 0.5 GB.  I'm cruising along at .04-.07 GB and all of a sudden appears a 1.8+ GB deduction/usage and it makes me wonder what the ???? is going on.  Is Verizon posting fraudulent usage amounts just to drive up my usage so I have to buy more Gigs?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: By what time zone does Verizon use to log data usage? When I checked my current usage, there is data used logged in at early morning times and I don't have anyone else who is up at these times.
Weth
Sr. Leader

The time is not the time of actual use, but the time a tower reports the use. The data would have been used anytime prior to that time. Usually, but no always, the usage happened between the time prior and the time reported.

For example:

9:00 AM   1.23 MB

7:05 AM   0.01 MB

1:15 AM  350.03 MB

8:00 PM   23.89 MB

This does not indicate 350 MB was used at 1:15 AM. It really tell you 350 MB was used sometime between 8:00 PM and 1:15 AM.

The times are local time zone as far as I can tell.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: By what time zone does Verizon use to log data usage? When I checked my current usage, there is data used logged in at early morning times and I don't have anyone else who is up at these times.
Weth
Sr. Leader

The time is not the time of actual use, but the time a tower reports the use. The data would have been used anytime prior to that time. Usually, but no always, the usage happened between the time prior and the time reported.

For example:

9:00 AM   1.23 MB

7:05 AM   0.01 MB

1:15 AM  350.03 MB

8:00 PM   23.89 MB

This does not indicate 350 MB was used at 1:15 AM. It really tell you 350 MB was used sometime between 8:00 PM and 1:15 AM.

The times are local time zone as far as I can tell.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: By what time zone does Verizon use to log data usage?  When I checked my current usage, there is data used logged in at early morning times and I don't have anyone else who is up at these times.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

WillietheWarlock,

I know that odd times of usage would concern me just the same! Weth is most definitely correct and brings up good points. As well please remember that with smart phones there are many applications and processes that are constantly running on the device. Such as automatic checks for application updates, email, backup services, and much more. Unless the device has mobile data set to off or these automatic services off, the usage you are seeing would be common.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes