Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get it fast with In-store & curbside pickup or same day delivery.

Buyout Help

jkrisp

I switched to Verizon from ATT for the "$650 per line" switch bonus. I feel like I have been tricked. Not only has it taken multiple phone calls and literally about 20 submissions to the online switch database I finally got my phone line approved to receive the early termination reimbursement. I still am getting denied for my wife's phone and we switched at the same time and I submitted all the same paper work, but that is beside the point. My main issue is that after getting approved I receive a Visa gift card for $194. When I called to ask they said that my total buy out was $350 and when I traded my phone in they gave me $156 'for the phone' so I get the difference. What?! I was specifically told by management at my Verizon store that I would get "between $150 and $200 for my phone THEN also whatever my termination fee was up to $650" no one told me that the money that they gave me for my trade in would be deducted from my buyout amount. I specifically asked this question as it was my only reason for switching. This seems like false advertising. Anyone have a different experience?

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Buyout Help

Weth
Sr. Leader

The terms are very clear on this:

Making the switch and getting up to $650 per line is simple: when you port your number to Verizon from another carrier, purchase a 4G LTE smartphone with a new device payment activation and trade-in your existing device from your previous provider. You’ll get up to $650 on a prepaid card for the installment plan balance less the device trade-in value (or up to a $350 prepaid card for early termination fees less the device trade-in value). Your trade-in must be in good working condition and be worth more than $0, and you must keep the new line active for a minimum of 6 months.

0 Likes