Highlighted

Buying Samsung phone now, waiting a month, buying another phone, then switching devices between two lines?

My family has the "MORE EVERY UNL TLK TXT 15GB" plan.

Line A is up for an upgrade, line B (my line) is not. My plan was to upgrade Line A then switch the devices between the two lines (i.e. a new Samsung S7 on my line for my old iPhone 6 on Line A). However, Line A does not currently have the Device Payment discount (all the other lines, including B, do). Obviously, when Line A is upgraded, a new Device Payment discount will be applied to that line, correct?

Line B was created during the pay off 75% of the phone to be eligible for upgrade part of last year. Would it make more sense to upgrade Line A to the Samsung, wait a month for Line B to be (75%) paid off, upgrade to whatever phone Line A's user wants on Line B and then switch the two phones? So that both of the device payments are "refreshed" so to speak?

I really wanted to get (as in purchase receipt wise) the new phone before Sunday to get the free VR gear from Samsung. It doesn't need to be on the right line to get the gear.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Highlighted

Re: Buying Samsung phone now, waiting a month, buying another phone, then switching devices between two lines?

Leader

You do realize that you are making it more complicated than it needs to be. If you are on an old agreement that will allow you to upgrade at 75% paid then take the phone you want to upgrade to the store and pay the required amount to get to 75% and turn it in and get your new phone.

You can pay the amount required to end the agreement at any time.

I have the new agreement that does not let me upgrade at 75% so I must pay the whole phone off. If I wanted to get a new phone tomorrow, I would simply pay the balance and then the agreement is fulfilled.

Don't go switching things around and getting it all confused.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Buying Samsung phone now, waiting a month, buying another phone, then switching devices between two lines?

Leader

You do realize that you are making it more complicated than it needs to be. If you are on an old agreement that will allow you to upgrade at 75% paid then take the phone you want to upgrade to the store and pay the required amount to get to 75% and turn it in and get your new phone.

You can pay the amount required to end the agreement at any time.

I have the new agreement that does not let me upgrade at 75% so I must pay the whole phone off. If I wanted to get a new phone tomorrow, I would simply pay the balance and then the agreement is fulfilled.

Don't go switching things around and getting it all confused.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Highlighted

Would it make more sense to just buy the new phone and switch the sim cards so that I get the new Samsung and Line A gets my old iPhone without "officially" changing it with Verizon? After rereading the 75% agreement I realized I don't qualify as there is a large crack through the screen of my iPhone 6.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

Having a phone with a cracked screen can definitely make it difficult to use your phone SIEDUR78. To ensure I have a correct understanding, are you looking to purchase two new phones and use one to replace your existing phone with a cracked screen? Do you carry equipment insurance on your phone? 

Thank You,

MichelleL_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am planning on purchasing a Samsung Galaxy S7 to replace an old iPhone 4 on one line and giving my old iPhone 6 to the iPhone 4 user. I will then use the Samsung Galaxy S7 for myself after having switched the SIM cards. The crack in the screen isn't important to that user and they will use the phone until it's up for an upgrade in January. It's one of those cracks that you can only see at certain angles so it's not very bothersome.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

You definitely do not want to send a broken phone back. You should take it to an Apple store to see if they can fix it or use the insurance.

I still don't recommend switching things around like that. It will cause more headaches down the road.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I'm not sending a broken phone anywhere, another family member will be using it until it's up for an upgrade in January.

I've read several accounts of people switching SIM cards between phones "unofficially" and it all working out fine. What kind of headaches would it cause?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Leader

You never know what could happen.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer Support

SIEDUR78 Getting a new Galaxy S7 would be a great upgrade. If you buy your phone at  store, they can switch the phones for you there. If you are ordering the phone online, you can easily make the switch online here http://spr.ly/6589BQIcc Let us know if you need any further help or information.

JoelR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Just received the new phone and set it up with the new SIM card. I followed your link on Chrome, Edge, and Firefox to switch the two phones but after selecting the two phones, clicked next, three dots and then nothing. Next page doesn't load, the three dots disappear and the page stays the same, no matter what browser I'm on. Cleared cache and cookies, didn't help. Your assistance is much appreciated.

0 Likes