Buy one get one IPhone a joke

We purchased 2 new iPhone back in June during a buy one get one free promotion.  We were only looking to purchase 1 phone at the time but the deal seemed the way to go.  That was June 7, 2019.  We have called and went into the store several times just to be told to give it a few billing cycles.  Oh or that the phones were purchased on seperated days.  No sir!  We walked out with both in the same day, same time, being told we would receive a credit on each bill for the second, cheaper phone.  Here we are 8 months later....still waiting.  This is such a joke.  

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Buy one get one IPhone a joke

Expert

Was one of the phones purchased with a new line of service as well? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Highlighted

Novice

Did you read promo details before signing off? Not what any sales rep said, but what was posted on Verizon's site?

Modern BOGO deals require a new line of service. If you used two existing lines, you didn't qualify. Some even have an unlimited data plan requirement. Always good to check the site for promo details. If something sounds too good from a sales rep, it probably is.

Highlighted

We did open a new line of service as was the required details, and went with unlimited.  Why would I not read all the terms?  I am, if like to think, an intelligent adult.  We made sure the phones we were getting also qualified for the promotion.  We have been told that we purchased them on seperated days and that is the issue, however we did not.  The entire transaction was done in the same day, at the same time, by the same sales representative (Landon) at a Verizon store.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes! 2 new lines, bu only 3 phones! Where is my 4th??? I wouldn’t get 2 new lines if wasn’t promised BOGO!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

You'd be surprised how many people don't.

If the dates are mismatching, this sounds like either a delay in shipment or an issue with the loan creation. If the dates still fall within the promotion period, a promo fallout form will need to be sent. Give CS a call to send one for you.

0 Likes
Highlighted

We bought in-store, walked out with the phones.  Paid all taxes and for the extras we purchased that day.  It just doesn't make sense.  They now are asking me to prove I purchased same day.  I have sent that info, that I feel they should have, and haven't gotten a response yet.  This has been an ongoing issue.  We've been told for months we would have credit on the next bill or give two billing cycles...and still nothing.  It's frustrating.  To be loyal customers...

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Jess878, I'm shocked to learn that you've been dealing with this issue since June. This is far too long for a problem to be going on. I want to make sure that we get a fresh pair of eyes to review the details of the promotions and your account. I've sent you a Private Note. Please respond to that message for me. KevinR_VZW

0 Likes
Covid19