Bogo Fraud?

CHASWB3RD

Hello,

I have been a Verizon customer for many years. I recently purchased an IPhone 8 online with new line to take advantage of the Bogo promotion. I wanted to upgrade an existing phone that was paid off and had about 7 days left on the contract. I stopped into the north Michigan Ave. store to collect my Bogo IPhone 8. I was told by the sales person (after he conferred with a "manager" hiding in the back) that I had to wait until the 7 day contract was finished before I could get the free phone; and that I had 14 days from the date of purchase, so no worries, right?

Today I went into the very same store and was told by another sales person (after conferring with the "manager hiding in the back) that the bogo offer expired and was no longer available.

I have 4 lines on this account and I WILL take my business elsewhere unless I receive this free phone. You cannot advertise Bogo and then not hold up your end of the bargain. It's called Fraud.

Labels (1)
Highlighted

Re: Bogo Fraud?

Ann154
Expert

Were you truly under contract for the existing line? If so, then you shouldn't have been able to upgrade that line under the Contract term was completely fully. Were you planning to add a fifth line to your account to qualify for the BOGO?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

CHASWB3RD

Hi,

I have 3 lines. Added a 4th to qualify for the bogo. Have a 3rd line that was eligible for upgrade, but still was listed as having about a week left on the contract. Tried to order the free phone online, but was being charged at checkout. That's why I went into the Verizon store. They told me I could wait until phone's contract expired and it would be ok since I purchased the new I 8 during the promotion. I am NOT HAPPY.

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

CHASWB3RD

Your happiness is important to us. Promotional offers are offered for a limited time and subject to change. Both devices must be purchased during the promotional time period allotted in order to take advantage of the Buy One, Get One Free offer. One line can be an existing eligible line. The second line must be a new line of service. I apologize. We're unable to make an exception to honor this deal once the promotion has expired. 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Mrdees960

Yep they messed mine up also and hearing more and more people complaining about it. The generic "I apologize. We're unable to make an exception to honor this deal once the promotion has expired." is what everyone is getting in response. Do as I have and file a complaint with your District Attorneys office.

Highlighted

Fierochic

I'm very disappointed in the so called BOGO promotion as well.  We waited a long time for the S9 to come out only to be told we have to add yet another line to get the second phone and I do NOT want to change my telephone number just to have an upgraded phone (which would cancel out the majority of the savings anyway).  We already have one extra line we never use, which apparently I can't cancel because it is the "main" account line, despite having asked several times for the main line to be switched to the one I actually use since I ported my old landline number over to cell service in 2009.  I have been a loyal customer since 1994, and I agree these promotions all seem to be geared toward new customers.  There has to be something that can be done for existing customers without having to change phone numbers every few years and that would allow us the same perks as new customers. 

We are going to look at other carriers now, as much as I would hate to leave, I just do not feel valued as a customer anymore.   Why should I have to pay more than a new customer after 24 years and literally thousands spent on those services?  (Not to mention all of the family and friends I've referred since then).  I've been with Verizon before it was even called Verizon and it was GTE Mobilenet then, I think).  Why should I settle for a lesser or outdated phone to get a special offer? Like everyone else, I want the best and I've waited long enough.  I've had my current phone for 4 1/2 years but I guess I'll either be switching carriers to get the new one, or just keep using what I have until one day it suddenly no longer works.  I'm terribly disappointed.   

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

We truly value your long time loyalty and would never want to see you go, Fierochic. It's important you get the best possible promotion on a new device. At this time, the buy one get one promotions do require one new line of service. We would never want you to add a line of service if you do not plan to use it. Our promotions do change often and I'm confident we will have future promotions that will meet your needs. We would recommend checking our trade in program as well, http://spr.ly/6587DXElc.

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

bgarland

We had to drop a line then add a new one in order to get the deal. Silly, since it's a net no change, and a pain to lose a number, but it got us the deal.

0 Likes
Highlighted

ADVERTISE78

Fierochic and Chaswb3rd,

You dodged a bullet, the both of you.  Verizon is willing to MAKE the deal with you, but in the end, you would most likely have paid for both phones one way or another.  They will delay paying the credits month after month, and ultimately, they will find an excuse to determine you are not eligible.  Simply search these boards for the past few BOGO deals they've done.  Buy your phones somewhere else...with credible businesses.

Highlighted

Sweetybarrett

Yeah I always get [removed] in the end because I pay way more than the phone is worth

Content removed to comply with Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

0 Likes