Blowing through Data

gleime

Since Verizon has redone their data plans, I am suddenly blowing through data.

Before I had 3 GB of data. I rarely went over 2 GB.

So when they raised me to 4 GB, I downgraded to the 2 GB Plan.

Now according to Verizon I'm blowing through my data before the month is half up. I think Verizon is scamming me. My phone is off (turned off) for 40 hours/week. The rest of the hours I am on wifi 90% of the time.

So how can I be blowing through my data. Verizon has no answers for me as of yet. They give me BS answers.

I know so many people who are fed up with Verizon. I've been a customer for 10+ years, but I'm seriously tinking of saying goodbye come September.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers

Re: Blowing through Data

Weth
Sr. Leader

Your smartphone independently keeps track of what app is using how much data. That is where you need to look. There could be an app doing updates in the background, or a setting has changed and causing more information to load when you are using the app. You can use this information to turn off any apps from using cellular data and only use wifi data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Weth
Sr. Leader

Your smartphone independently keeps track of what app is using how much data. That is where you need to look. There could be an app doing updates in the background, or a setting has changed and causing more information to load when you are using the app. You can use this information to turn off any apps from using cellular data and only use wifi data.

View solution in original post

0 Likes

gleime

I've done this many of times. Same apps I had before Verizon changed their data. They tried telling me this too. It's all [Removed]. Scam, scam, scam!

profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service 

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes