Re: Blocking feature not working, help! :(

amandar143

I got your reply-- did you delete it? what does that mean exactly? Will the free feature will be taken off and go to familybase? I don't completely understand.

I was looking up that verizon phones don't come with the same spam filters and built in blocking as other phones because the carrier offers accessible blocking. If they take away this feature there is no way to use the blocking without paying for it (familybase is extra, isn't it?)

Other smart phones have it built in, so that seems a little unfair. ?

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Let’s get the information you need for the Call and Messaging Block feature amandar143. Currently we have no news on removing the features as it comes in handy for many people. We do have the Family Base option that allows you to block numbers longer than 90 days and more numbers to block. If you’d like to check out the Family Base features, here’s a great link http://vz.to/1mf1aH0

StevenM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

View solution in original post

0 Likes

Ann154
Expert

Acrillix wrote:

There's a current migration of the feature to only be available in FamilyBase.

Where is this claim coming from?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Highlighted

amandar143

Thank you so much! I was really worried. If you have the time I just have one final question and that is, is there any specific reason why the blocking feature didn't work for me for 2 months? It worked this month of mid August but when I tried in late May it gave me an error saying "We were unable to complete your requested change at this time. Please try again later." and didn't work until now. I understand web complications may arise but is there any reason it didn't work for me for so long? I am worried in the future it may do it to me again. Thank you, Support!

0 Likes