Highlighted

Black Friday Trade In Problems

Novice

Black Friday 2016 Verizon Wireless had the following promotion;

Starting online tomorrow and in stores on Black Friday, get an iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, Pixel, Phone by Google,
Pixel XL, Phone by Google, Moto Z Droid, Moto Z Droid Force, Samsung S7 Edge, Samsung S7 at no cost with
no money down when you select device payment and trade in one of 13 eligible phones.*

verizon black friday promo.JPG

I traded in my phone a Galaxy Note 5 which was one of the eligible 13 phones and was provided the following appraisal;

Device:
Samsung Galaxy Note5 32GB in Black Sapphire

Estimated Value:
$669.99

The shipment tracking stated the phone was received by Verizon at their Texas Fort Worth office on 12/12/2016.

On 2/22/2017, I received the email with the following;

We've received and inspected the value of your used device. The actual value of your device is $197.00, which is different than the original estimate due to the following reason(s):

Device received after the eligible period

Then on 3/3/2017, another email which states the following;

We've received and inspected the value of your used device. The actual value of your device is $197, which is different than the original estimate due to the following reason(s):

• No qualifying promotion found

I called the Trade In Device dept at 8004168894 and they kept assuring me I will receive the correct credit amount and to just wait.  I received the most current bill, and I have check my next bill, and that's it I only received $197 credit for a phone appraised for $669.99, which is a $473 difference.

I didn't want an Iphone 7 nor could I afford the payment plan UNLESS I received those trade in monthly credits per the original appraisal.  Only reason why I bought the Iphone was because of this trade in credit. 

Verizon Wireless messed with me and I am NOT sure what I did wrong to deserve this.  I now have to adjust my monthly budget just to be able to pay my monthly bill.  This is ridiculous and looking for a way to just pay off the Iphone so I can disconnect my service.  One of the worst experiences in my life.

The Samsung Galaxy Note 5 I had was flawless as it's been in a OtterBox defender case ever since I bought it new.

Note 5 bye crop.JPG

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Black Friday Trade In Problems

Community Manager
Community Manager

We want to take a closer look over your account to ensure that you are provided with what you are entitled to, SunnynCALI. I can certainly understand your disappointment and want to turn this situation around and also keep you as a loyal Verizon Wireless customer. Please reach out to us directly so we can further investigate: http://spr.ly/65878ko8W

ChrisM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

I contacted Verizon Wireless, went over the entire scenario once again and they have submitted a form to further investigate the issue.  This is I believe the 2nd time so fingers crossed yet again.

I will update this post with any new details. Thank you

0 Likes
Highlighted

Novice

After 4 months, my issue was finally taken care of by... the cancellation department.

I was livid and saved up enough to pay off the Iphone 7 contract so I called in to cancel.  Of course the rep was very apologetic with my issue so she said before I cancel she would follow up to address my issue.  She submitted yet another request to have the trade in reevaluated.  A few days later, viola like magic, the correct promotional credit was assessed to my account and the ridiculous one time credit was reversed.

I am relieved yet still quite frustrated that it took over 4 months to get this resolved.

0 Likes
Highlighted

I am in the same scenario.  Getting billed for the phone that was supposed to be free.  Getting the same run around.  Good to know that I have to threaten service cancellation in order to resolve it. Thanks for sharing your experience SunnynCALI​  I am certain that this is happening a lot from the sale and only coming to light as of recent.  It also has class action lawsuit written all over it. 

Highlighted

Novice

^ I hope it all works out for you and don't give up.

I actually didn't threaten but WANTED to close my account with Verizon because no way I was going to pay another dime to Verizon for services. 

One thing for sure... NO WAY will I ever trade in a phone with Verizon after this ordeal.  I rather sell my phone and deal with scammers on eBay where you're expecting it.  With Verizon, you're not expecting to be scammed and you have zero recourse with Verizon other than to cancel.  

0 Likes
Highlighted

I have a similar problem. Traded in my Galaxy S6, got an email confirmation in December 2016 that the device was accepted and the $240 ($10 a month) credit was coming. But I'm yet to see it almost a year later.  Called 5 times, chatted online a couple of times.  Generally, the same story: have to explain everything from the start as there is no detailed record of what is happening, get transferred to device trade in department, they get all the details again, submit some kind of form and tell me to expect a call within 7 days, the call never happens, the credit never shows up and I have to call again.

Trade-in scam, no less 😠

0 Likes