Highlighted

Billing

Sixteen months ago I started pre-paying a portion of my bill with a credit card 2 weeks early - the remaining portion is deducted from my checking.  Everything was fine for a year then I started being charged $30 for pre-paying early.  Every time I call I have to spend hours trying to get the money refunded, which they agree was wrongly charged (I am paying them their money early plus I asked them if I could do this before I started doing it!!) and they promise it won't happen again.  This goes on month after month and I have wasted so much time and energy trying to get this straightened out but it never gets worked out properly.  I' am so incredibly frustrated and am about to just leave even though I have been a long term loyal customer for both wireless and also Fios.  

Any suggestions?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Billing

Community Manager
Community Manager

There should be no fees for paying your bill on time or early. Is this charge showing as a Verizon Wireless charge? We would love to look over your bill. Have you contacted us before to have a look at your account?
JavierD_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

Yes, I have contacted you numerous times and again this month they said they would remove the $30 charge and yet I was just charged again today for an additional $30.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you for letting us know! To further clarify, are you seeing this charge on your wireless bill, or your Fios bill?  MatthewI_VZW

0 Likes
Highlighted

My wireless plan.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Sr. Leader

@helpmeverizon1 wrote:

Sixteen months ago I started pre-paying a portion of my bill with a credit card 2 weeks early - the remaining portion is deducted from my checking.  Everything was fine for a year then I started being charged $30 for pre-paying early.  Every time I call I have to spend hours trying to get the money refunded, which they agree was wrongly charged (I am paying them their money early plus I asked them if I could do this before I started doing it!!) and they promise it won't happen again.  This goes on month after month and I have wasted so much time and energy trying to get this straightened out but it never gets worked out properly.  I' am so incredibly frustrated and am about to just leave even though I have been a long term loyal customer for both wireless and also Fios.  

Any suggestions?

You should stop paying your bill early OR stop paying it early with a CC. You are not being charged "extra", you are simply losing your autopay discount because at least a portion of your payment is with a credit card.

The autopay discount is ONLY for payments made with a debit card or bank account. If you change your autopay to be paid with a CC, you will lose the discount. If you pay a portion or all of your bill prior to your autopay date with a CC, you will lose the discount. Stop using a CC to make payment and you should stop seeing that $30 charge.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

helpmeverizon1, we appreciate this information. Can you please confirm whether this is for your Verizon Wireless postpaid or prepaid account?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes