Highlighted

Billing Error Originating in MARCH is Still Not Fixed

CoeG

I'm desperate, at this point...

In March 2015, I was charged $299.99, per line (we have two lines, totaling $599.98) for an Edge Plan that I had already "paid off" during an EdgeUp in SEPTEMBER 2014. Since then, I have spent countless hours on the phone with techs and billing support trying to get the issue fixed. I have continued to pay my normal bill, per Verizon's advice, each month.

Now, I have Verizon calling me to collect money... this is particularly egregious, considering that Verizon owes ME money.

At this point, I have a tech who has researched the issue and agreed that I am owed the money. He filed a ticket for a "missing" phone (one of the original devices that I edged up from), as the USPS records indicate that it was received at the warehouse, but nobody bothered checking it in. We do have confirmation that my wife's phone was received by the warehouse, so that should have already been credited to our account!

There doesn't seem to be any urgency on Verizon's part. I get it... I'm ONE customer out of however many hundreds of thousands, but I can't seem to get anyone that will advocate for me. This is a real issue. I have provided piles of supporting documentation (which shouldn't by my burden to bear)

Has anyone here experienced issues like this? My tech advises that he's seen this particular issue before, but he can't explain why it's so hard to fix.

How on earth could it take this long (we're going on four months since the actual start of the issue) to fix this problem???

Any time I've asked for upper-tier support, I'm sandbagged, roadblocked, and stuck with the folks in the call center who already have myriad other (likely less unique) issues to deal with.

Help. Please.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Billing Error Originating in MARCH is Still Not Fixed

Weth
Sr. Leader

Have you put this formally in writing and sent it to Verizon? If not you need to do that right away and hope the 180 days has not passed yet. After 180 days your recourse is further hampered. (If this happened in September, the 180 days may have already passed, if so, I would still put it in writing to Verizon. It goes by the date of the bill you received that had the problem.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/Notice_of_Dispute.pdf

HOW AND WHEN CAN I DISPUTE CHARGES?

If you're a Postpay customer, you can dispute your bill within 180 days of receiving it, but unless otherwise provided by law or unless you're disputing charges because your wireless device was lost or stolen, you still have to pay all charges until the dispute is resolved. If you're a Prepaid customer, you can dispute a charge within 180 days of the date the disputed charge was incurred. YOU MAY CALL US TO DISPUTE CHARGES ON YOUR BILL OR ANY SERVICE(S) FOR WHICH YOU WERE BILLED, BUT IF YOU WISH TO PRESERVE YOUR RIGHT TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING SUCH DISPUTE, YOU MUST WRITE TO US AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE ADDRESS ON YOUR BILL, OR SEND US A COMPLETED NOTICE OF DISPUTE FORM (AVAILABLE AT VERIZONWIRELESS.COM), WITHIN THE 180–DAY PERIOD MENTIONED ABOVE. IF YOU DO NOT NOTIFY US IN WRITING OF SUCH DISPUTE WITHIN THE 180-DAY PERIOD, YOU WILL HAVE WAIVED YOUR RIGHT TO DISPUTE THE BILL OR SUCH SERVICE(S) AND TO BRING AN ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS CASE REGARDING ANY SUCH DISPUTE.

Re: Billing Error Originating in MARCH is Still Not Fixed

Community Manager
Community Manager
Hello CoeG

We don't want you feeling desperation over this matter. I apologize for the time it's taken to get this resolved. I have sent you a private message so we can take this up. Look forward to hearing back from you.

LauraD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes