Highlighted

Billing Dispute/Collections

tcorriveau

To provide some background I had an account with two phone numbers associated and device payments for both. Both lines were transferred to T-Mobile and within an hour one of the numbers and device were transferred back to Verizon by completing a "Win Back." At the time I was provided with the telephone number for the Customer Service Pro Team if any issues arose from this. Approximately three days after the Win Back was completed I noticed the device payment for the phone which returned to Verizon was not on the account ($833.52). I immediately called the number for the Pro Team and was told it would take 5-7 business days to have the amount moved to the correct account. After seven business days I called back and learned the paperwork was not completed properly and it would take an additional 5-7 business days to complete. I was also informed not to worry about about the bill as it was being taken care of. I received a bill for well approximately $1,100 (both device payments).

I paid the device payment which did not return to Verizon and again contacted customer support about the device payment for the Win Back. Again I was told the paperwork was not filed properly and that it will be completed again. I was also told it would take a 5-7 business days to completed. It is now July 24th and all of this began on June 9th. I called tonight due to receiving notice in the mail the amount of $833.52 will be going to collections if I did not pay the amount due. I again called support and SHOCKER! I was told the paperwork was not completed correctly and that they have completed a reinstatement form to move the device payment for the iPhone 7 ($833.52) to the correct account. I was also told again it would take 5-7 business days to complete.

THIS IS ABSURD!!!!! Please can someone tell me how to get this issue corrected before it goes to collections and please don't tell me 5-7 business days as it has been well over a month of being told 5-7 business days!

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Billing Dispute/Collections

Community Manager
Community Manager

tcorriveau,

I never like hearing that a bill could be incorrect. We are always here to help and want to get things resolved. We aren't able to go over account information in this forum as it is public. We will reach out to you in a Private Message to continue with this.

ErinW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

tcorriveau

Please do as I would like to have the stress of this removed and the correct device charge reflected on the account which has the device connected.

0 Likes

LEAKEL75

I am having the same issue! I transferred service from Straight Talk and it took 2 weeks for us to get the service up and running. During this time, Verizon set up two accounts for me for some reason and now I keep getting collections calls for the other account with NO USAGE to the tune of $577.23. I am really getting frustrated and at this point have regretted switching to Verizon as it has been a major pain ever since the switch. What the heck can I do to get this resolved and something in writing stating as such since I have already tried multiple times and have been assured it has been corrected in the past?

0 Likes

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

File complaints BBB or FCC.

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm sorry you are receiving collections calls for an old account that you don't have LEAKEL75. This is never the experience we want you to have with us. We can take a look and help with the status of this issue. I've sent you a private message, so we're able to gather some information to help get this resolved. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes