Bill/throttling

TYSMAD69

I pay an absurd amount for one line One my account. I have jet pack with the basic gb my phone with unlimited. I dont paying this much money but I can barley stream for a few hours before Verizon starts throttling my internet. I think it’s a joke and verizon Shouldn’t throttle. Esp with what I pay a month. I believe this is a serious issue Verizon need to fix. I remember when data first come out I got unlimited and it was truly unlimited so what changed. I’m a truck driver and thought the jetpack would be amazing for high mobile traffic cites so I can stream but really jet pack works Worse then my hotspot. Please Verizon fix this. Been here for years but seriously considering leaving. So question is is version ever going to fix this throttling issue Soon so I can get my monies worth?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Bill/throttling

glitchedpixel

What changed? Mobile internet was hardly anything at that time. You're comparing a basic html mobile site to streaming. The two aren't remotely comparable. Verizon also has millions of customers sharing a wireless network. If you want real internet, you'd use a real isp instead of a wireless carrier.

0 Likes
Highlighted

boringusername

Good luck finding  a carrier that will let you hotpot 24/7 using hundreds of GB per month. Mobile network was not design to replace regular home internet. ironically if Verizon didn't "throttle" then you're next complaint would be how slow it was. why? Because EVERYONE would be hotspotting. why would I continue to give Charter money if I could just hotspot with my phone for free?

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager

TYSMAD69, I'm a believer in getting the best value for my money as well. It would be disheartening to have you leave the VZW family. I'd be happy to help explain how data usage works with unlimited, and ways you can extend your usage.

The LTE network is a resource shared by all VZW customers. You have unlimited since you're never charged overage for your usage. Unlike someone on a fixed plan, where if they've gone past their limit, and then has to pay an overage amount for usage. Each type of customer has guidelines in which they operate. This is an industry practice, as boringusername pointed out, with each choosing to manage the network in different ways. Some choose to have the limit set per line others for the combined account usage, and they then either prioritize usage or throttle it immediately.

You can experience a reduction in speed under specific circumstances. On the New VZ Unlimited, Beyond, and Above Unlimited plans; there is a point where your usage can experience reduced speeds. When using you use your phone as a mobile hotspot, you can use it for a fixed amount of data use at 4G LTE speeds, before the speed switches to 600 KBS (3G speed). The various points where the reduction in speed and occur and when that 4G to 3G transition is reached with unlimited hotspot, can be found here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/compare-unlimited/

With the three unlimited plans I shared, you do have the option to extend the 4G data usage for hotspot through a data boost. You can learn more about data boots at the following FAQ Page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/data-boost-faqs/

To make sure you're not running into problems, can you share which of your devices you've been encountering the reduced speeds on? Which unlimited plan are you using?

JohnT_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes