Bill Pay problems Online

richmz

Online using my computer which has worked fine for many years(10+) to pay my Verizon Bill....

I have the payment method saved.

Yesterday and today when I click the CONFIRM button on the page to send payment, it would not complete payment. It simply goes back to the same CONFIRM page. I tried many times, logged out/in, etc.

I called Verizon, she made no mention of others with the problem, and it was suggested I use the APP on my phone, which worked fine. I exited the APP and went back on the computer, logged in and shows payment complete.

However, I then tried to access my Profile Settings and I get HTTP ERROR 500 -"myvpostpay.verizonwireless.com is currently unable to handle this request."

Is this related to the online BillPay problem I had? If not, is there a known problem using online Bill Pay, specifically the CONFIRM function not operating?

Highlighted

Re: Bill Pay problems Online

Community Manager
Community Manager

richmz, I use My Verizon account to pay my bill every month, so I can understand how inconvenient it is for you not to be able to pay yours. Don't worry. We are confident that we can resolve this issue. When did the issue begin? Have you tried using a different PC to pay online?    JacobV_VZW

0 Likes

richmz

Hi Jacob, Thanks for checking in......

No I did not try another computer as I only have this one. There have been no changes on it that I'm aware of to cause only a bill pay issue with Verizon. All other commercial suppliers I use to pay bills have been working flawlessly.

However, I suspect your IT staff did something to correct the problem because I can now access my Profile Settings and other fuctions which I couldn't access when I had the CONFIRM button issue. I suspect they were related issues. Of course I cannot try the Bill Pay CONFIRM button until next month.

I also noticed other people had similar problems based on the "3 People Had This Problem" flag so maybe others will follow up that it's working for them now too.

For now I'd say my issue is resolved but won't know for sure until next Bill Pay period.

Thanks,

Rich

DrGort

The problem of not being able to complete the pay-online process cpersists today, Wednesday (10/16).
I tried earlier this sfternoon, but the system failed. I exited the system and shut down.
I attempted once again this evenming, about five hours later. Same effect.
I checked my bank first and my Verizon account. Not debited & not credited, respectively.
I do not want to download any APP, so I will try again tomorrow before I go to the nearest Verizon Wireless store to pay in person.
... and yes, I have been paying online for a decade or so without any issues.
I did "clean" my browser, try again, failed, used another browser, failed...
See y'all tomorrow...
-Dr Gort.

Tchicago

I have the same problem. I've been trying to pay for the past four days and had no luck with the CONFIRM button. 

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Rich,

I'm glad to learn you were finally able to submit your payment and now able to access your profile settings on your My Verizon account. As you have already mentioned, you won't be able to test this function again until you make your next bill payment. I'm confident, however, that this issue has been resolved. Please keep us posted with your results after your next bill payment.

Thanks for reaching out and allowing us the opportunity to look into this billing issue with you.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

I can imagine this is frustrating DrGort, and we never want his. Just to clarify, what browser have you been using? RosanneM_VZW

0 Likes

Community Manager
Community Manager

Tchicago, making sure you are able to easily process your payment is vital. Allow us the opportunity to further investigate the details of your concern. Have you attempted to launch our website by utilizing a different Web Browser? Can you please confirm that your Web Browser is up to date https://vz.to/2J4HZxI? Are you experiencing the same experience when you process your payment from the Mobile app m.vzw.com/m/myverizonapp?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes

WRP2

Verizon has been having intermittent problems with their website for the past month. I just moved here from ATT and they have always had similar problems.

0 Likes

richmz

I am the originator of this discussion.

I just paid my bill online and the CONFIRM function worked this month. To note, using the same computer and Chrome browser as last month. No changes on this end.

Clearly, Verizon had online Bill Pay issues last month and now appears to be corrected.... at least for me.

0 Likes