Highlighted

Beware of Promotions!

KYoung89

I just wanted to share my experience so that others may be able to watch out for this type of thing in the future and not have to go through the hassle that I went through.

After 10 months I finally have my issue (halfway) resolved. During a Black Friday promotion in 2016 (yes, 13 months ago), there was an offer to trade in my Droid Turbo 2 for $670 when buying a Google Pixel. I was not planning to trade in my phone since it was not fully paid off (my wife and I were there because she was eligible for an upgrade), but this was too good to pass up. The Pixel was back ordered at the time, but came in the following February - no problem there. I mailed my Droid Turbo 2 trade in and noticed a few months later that I still had not received any credit. After working with a few Verizon reps, we discovered that it had been scanned at a warehouse and then apparently lost. I worked with different reps periodically every few months and finally today, in December, got an answer. When I bought the new phone, the person was mistaken on the trade in value. The promotion was only for the 32GB Pixel and I had gotten the 128GB Pixel. Of course if I had known this at the time I would have gotten the 32GB Pixel, but it was far too late for that. I was informed of this today (12/29/17) and also told that there was a different promotion on the 128GB Pixel that I would have qualified for if I had bought the phone a few days later. The representatives were all helpful throughout the process despite it taking so long to resolve and they were able to get approval for half of the $670 promotional value, but this still did not even cover the amount that I paid to trade the Droid Turbo 2 in before it was paid off.

I guess the moral of the story is, don't necessarily take the word of a representative regarding the value of anything unless the value is being applied that day or you get something in writing (maybe not even if you get something in writing). I've been with Verizon for a long time, but the whole thing left a pretty bad impression. I'm not sure that any of the other wireless service providers are any better, but I am probably going to at least shop around once my device is paid off.

Labels (1)
0 Likes

Re: Beware of Promotions!

Community Manager
Community Manager

KYoung89,

We can relate to how important it is that your promotion is honored. We don't want to see you go, and thank you for your years of loyalty. I'm glad to hear that my peers have been helpful, but I can relate to how important a resolution is. Was the $670 that was offered applied to your account?

KatiM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes

KYoung89

No, the $670 was not applied to my account. The representative that I was working with was only able to get approval for $335, which did not even quite cover the amount that I still owed on my phone at the time of trade-in.

0 Likes

KYoung89

2 months later, I have still not received any credit. I found out today that apparently the credit was submitted but then got denied and I was never informed. I'm on hold with the support line as I type this. This is terrible customer service and I will be leaving Verizon as soon as my phone is paid off. Ridiculous.

0 Likes