Beware Verizon BOGO Deals

While purchasing an Iphone XS Max for my son in October 2018 we were offered a "free" Iphone 8 BOGO. I hesitated because I really didn't need the new phone (had an Iphone 7 myself) and because of the required phone number change. Despite my hesitation, I went with the "deal" and made the phone number change. I was told that the monthly charge for the new Iphone 8 would appear on my bill for 1-2 months before being credited back to me and that subsequent bills would reflect a monthly credit offsetting the charge for the phone. Never happened! I was billed, and still am being billed, $31.24 per month for the Iphone 8. I have spent hours on the phone with Verizon personnel. As a result of a call in March 2019 the rep gave me a credit for the first 6 months of erroneous charges and a $30 inconvenience fee. I was told the matter was resolved. Not true! The charges continued. Called again in July and received the same (credit plus inconvenience fee) and told the matter would be resolved. Not true again! The charges have continued. I called again this week. Spent more than an hour on the phone (again) with Verizon rep and suddenly.......there never was a BOGO! Never existed! Twilight Zone episode... Perhaps the store sales rep made a mistake they say. Verizon rep was kind enough to put me on a 3 way call with the store. They claim to have no idea what has happened. Both the Verizon rep and the store manager told me they would look into the matter and call me back no later than....yesterday. Surprisingly, no calls. The store manager even gave her direct phone number to contact her if I have any questions. Texted her...no response. Called her number...no response and no voice mailbox available. Called the store and they tell me she has now gone on vacation for several weeks. Amazing. I've been a Verizon customer for many years. Spent thousands of dollars. Currently have 4 lines in operation. No choice now but to file a formal complaint with the BBB, pay off my existing phones and move to another carrier. I won't do business with such an unethical company. 

Tags (1)

Re: Beware Verizon BOGO Deals

Customer Support

Losing such a valuable customer is certainly not our intention, kwrichm. We’ll be sure to get to the bottom of this. I’ve sent a Private Note, so we can look into more of the details.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes